Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok.... So is anyone from SoCal willing to meet up somewhere along the way? Right now all my buddies are a no-go and the wife doesn't want me making a 1700 mile trip alone, for good reason I guess. Not sure at this point but willing to leave on the 8th/9th (preferably 8th) and return home on the 13th.

OH, so I guess that means I am going!

Are we needeing to order by a certain date?

No, she sent me the menu because it's changed under the new ownership. No need to order ahead:thumbsup:

Speaking of food....

Were packing our lunches with items purchased at the local grocery store, and will find somewhere to dine in the evenings (except for Sat) but I can't remember if there was any good diners to grab an early bird Breakfast or not. Think we settled for McD's last time, but that really doesn't sound appealing to us.

Anyone? :dunno:

Im just snagging breakfast from the hotel.

Excellent diner on the same side of the road as City Market, and down a light or two. Might even be called Moab Diner:dunno:

Speaking of food....

Were packing our lunches with items purchased at the local grocery store, and will find somewhere to dine in the evenings (except for Sat) but I can't remember if there was any good diners to grab an early bird Breakfast or not. Think we settled for McD's last time, but that really doesn't sound appealing to us.

Anyone? :dunno:

I imagine Kevin (Diff Whack Daddy) will make wheeler's hash at least 1 morning if not more. We will have a full kitchen at Kokopelli Suites. There will probably be plenty to share especially if we have a rough head count.

Speaking of head counts, I'm sure the Branding Iron will appreciate knowing how many people to expect. I'll update post 236 with the head count as y'all chime in

Excellent diner on the same side of the road as City Market, and down a light or two. Might even be called Moab Diner:dunno:

You are correct Sir

Attachments

• 2-14-2013 9-42-58 PM.jpg
    2-14-2013 9-42-58 PM.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 2-14-2013 9-49-12 PM.jpg
    2-14-2013 9-49-12 PM.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 248

I imagine Kevin (Diff Whack Daddy) will make wheeler's hash at least 1 morning if not more. We will have a full kitchen at Kokopelli Suites. There will probably be plenty to share especially if we have a rough head count.

Speaking of head counts, I'm sure the Branding Iron will appreciate knowing how many people to expect. I'll update post 236 with the head count as y'all chime in

Ill be there with my fam....6 of us total.

There's a chinese buffet in that area too that has a really good breakfast.

Yep, the Moab Diner is a great place! It can get crowded though, so plan accordingly and give yourself some time.

Thanks guys! Good to know there is a place to get real food.

No worries there. Lot's of great places to eat in Moab:D

I'm sure you'll become well acquainted with the Moab Brewery before we leave:D

More importantly, the Branding Iron also serve beer from Uinta Brewing. They are a microbrew from Salt Lake City, Utah. I have interest in trying out their Anniversary Barley Wine, Dubhe Imperial Black IPA, Trader Session IPA, Black Sheep Black Lager, perhaps the HooDoo Kolsch, Detour Double IPA, ****eyed Cooper (Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine) is a must, Labyrinth Black Ale.

I'll be there with three, possibly four others.

The Moab Brewery is fun too. They are also a micro brewery, and will thus have some more beers to try! They also fill growlers. I'll be bringing at least my two from the Moab Brewery to get filled for the long drive home. Haha.
I've had the Black Raven Oatmeal Stout. Very tasty. Definitely would like to try some of their Desert Select Ales. Particulalry the Black Imperial IPA, Tripel, and Export Stout.

There will be 2 of us,I'm bringing the British chick with me. Can't wait to see what her reaction is to all of this.:D

Just looked at post 236 again. Go ahead and put us down for 2 at the branding iron.

(just between you guys & me, I'm sad the 95 Ex isn't going. Would love to join the big dawgs on some runs)

.. im guessing stock explorers wouldnt make it in moab? probably wouldnt be able to go to things liek this for a couple years but i was curious.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.. im guessing stock explorers wouldnt make it in moab? probably wouldnt be able to go to things liek this for a couple years but i was curious.

Throw some tow hooks on it, pack a lunch and go!

Back