Hood Lettering | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

You are correct ( you have a black sport). I believe the other sport use a flat black matte letter. If you look at any pictures you can see a difference.
I also believe brokenstrut is color blind and is just trying to get a stir out of a few ppl. He didn't go to a dealership and compare, I even doubt he ordered lettering. He hasn't put up any pictures but he is quick to respond saying the sports look like crap. Acting like a little child!
It is white but I can confirm they look flat black most times but when you examine close they are not just black
he may be color blind because for sure mine has no brown in them

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sport sitting in my driveway. Black. Letters are same colour as the ones I ordered; wait for pics. I'm right.

Resampled_2013-02-14_22-48-45_137_zps6f836674.jpg.html

Resampled_2013-02-14_22-48-53_315_zps8880b5d9.jpg.html

Resampled_2013-02-14_22-48-53_315_zps8880b5d9.jpg.html

My apologies for saying brown that was incorrect. I love my new Sport. Keeping the limited as well. Power in the sport is amazing. WOW. Having the body shop remove the letters and spread them out more. Love the rims. Walked in to the dealer and bought it. SWEEEEEEET. Shark fin antenna on the way. Gel logos purchased. Wife has her new F150 and my young fella is the proud new owner of the 13 Fusion Titanium.

Have a nice day Jarhead. Lol. Pffffffft.

I just got it home. I'll post more pics later. It sure is a nice ride. Has moonroof adaptive cruise tow package.

My apologies for saying brown that was incorrect. I love my new Sport. Keeping the limited as well. Power in the sport is amazing. WOW. Having the body shop remove the letters and spread them out more. Love the rims. Walked in to the dealer and bought it. SWEEEEEEET. Shark fin antenna on the way. Gel logos purchased. Wife has her new F150 and my young fella is the proud new owner of the 13 Fusion Titanium.

Well I'm glad you see your mistake. And you couldn't come up with any other pics then those $hit quality ones?

Jesus.

This thread got off topic fast.... I thought high school was for all the drama and name calling.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Got mine from the mail and i think the color is sort of like gunmetal (grayish black). Good thing I got that color since my EX is black. I would like to space out the lettering too but I'm afraid I'll screw up the alignment. Any suggestions?

I used painters tape measured the letters. Did a couple of dry runs. Then marked the corners of each letter. Then installed. Looks great and just like the SEMA

Finally!

Thanks broken!

However, I chickened out and just used the application guide hehe! Looks good I think. Here is the picture:

IMG_6063_zpsae4ad16b.jpg

How do you like my new hood lettering

c1ca141b-81f0-4f6f-a493-f592798ad2c7_zps38015763.jpg

broken, those letters and install looks as good as a factory install. GREAT JOB! ;)

broken, those letters and install looks as good as a factory install. GREAT JOB! ;)

Thanks, what do you think of my new grille and wheels!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My sport is on order and I plan on removing the letters. Please PM with an offer and I'll ship them to you.

available approximately mid May 2013.

Back