Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!!

Are the angel eyes custom for the exp headlights?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Outstanding job on all of your mods! I applaud the tiny details such as the black pinstriping. Your wheels also match your vehicle nicely. There are other Explorers with rims on them that don't look good, but I like the ones you have on yours for it goes good with the color scheme of your Explorer.

Black painted chrome pipes underneath also

How exactly does black painted chrome pipes look like? :D

Red edition?

DDDDDDUUUUUUUUDDDDDE It looks AWESOME MAN!!!

Thank you so much bro!!!

BodyBump,

Dude, that is one clean customization job you did. It's all about the details, and your attention to them shows. Those lights just kill. And I think it's probably betta that it's not lowered; that's what your beemer's for. The truck to keep you up and the BMW 4 the down-low cruise in SoBe MI-AM-MEE...yeah, a little jealous of your location, 4 sure.

Please, if you could provide more details in this thread/post about the halo/angel eyes, your HIDs & your fogs and the cool running boards would be totally appreciated. I saw you mentioned $450 for the halos, but need to know more about the vendors [OSS for halos?] install time frame/downtime, etc. Need/hopeful for a West Coast/So Cal located shop to do what your Miami friends did for you.

I, too, think your photos also rock; especially loved how you lined up the one of the spokes of those *****en wheels with the bright edge of the running boards in some of the pics. You definitely have an eye for details. I'd say the two-toneness of the black & chrome/polished is just right and I like the exhaust just how you did it, w/just the tips popping out at ya. It's all about the contrast, balance and rythym...and you struck the right balance. You actually made me like the Explorer in the Red, 'cuz B4 I saw your's it was almost the last color on my favprite list of the current Explorer available colors.

Regarding the EXPLORER hood emblem, what color/finish is it? Do they come in more than one color/finish like chrome or black, or did you dip/paint them black too?

Take it easy,

Mike [isiwibi]

Thank you brotha...i never thought somebody would write up this kind of comment.. i appreciate every single one you said....Hood emblem only comes in one color..matte black...

That was a base Explorer? That looks awesome!

thank you brotha!!

I think that black roof rack would look nice on my Black Limited.

When you painted the roof rack bars did you disassemble and remove from the vehicle or paint them on the vehicle?

Hi buddy never painted anything on the roof...it comes in black when i bought it...its a OME roof rack color...

What parts have you plasti dipped and what are your opinions on the stuff

Hi buddy i plasti dip the fron grill and back at first...it looks nice...but then i wanted to have it permanent this way i would have no problem later on...

that is very VERY nice !!! I am what they call, um.. jealous. :)

Hahahaha thank you...you can do it yourself too...

Did I see you Carrollwood Monday afternoon? Looks real sharp!

Not sure..is it in florida?

Great looking Ex. I had been thinking about paying someone to do the angel eyes for my Ex. Your pictures just confirm my thoughts that it would be bada$$!!!! Now to find a place to do it around here.

there are only few people i know who can do it...some people has to send the whole headlights and have it shipped back...

Are the angel eyes custom for the exp headlights?

They are custom fitted...the use same halos the use on my BMW...:)

Outstanding job on all of your mods! I applaud the tiny details such as the black pinstriping. Your wheels also match your vehicle nicely. There are other Explorers with rims on them that don't look good, but I like the ones you have on yours for it goes good with the color scheme of your Explorer.

Thank you buddy i appreciate all the compliments...:)

How exactly does black painted chrome pipes look like? :D

Hahahaha you know when you see Explorer on the road and the rear end you can see the chrome pipping? i kinda not like it...so i painted mine in black...:)

You beat me to it WOLFexplorer. I just found that site. Here's a discount code I found (dfwlxdiscount0101). I checked on http://www.oraclelights.com/ for the closest shop near me, so I called and I got a quote for $320 just to install them. I told him thats seems like a lot to me. What do you guys think?

You beat me to it WOLFexplorer. I just found that site. Here's a discount code I found (dfwlxdiscount0101). I checked on http://www.oraclelights.com/ for the closest shop near me, so I called and I got a quote for $320 just to install them. I told him thats seems like a lot to me. What do you guys think?

idk, but they do good work. love the look so its worth it to me. only thing is that you would have to ship the headlights to them and back. more money and your vehicle will be non drivable for a week or so unless you love close by there shop

the pricing on that site is crazy....
here is where i always get my lights for may years
http://www.oznium.com/

"Black Edition" emblem installed:D

I'm in Florida too. Looking to get my 2013 XLT tinted. It looks like you may be in South Florida. If so, who did your tint? Which darkness did you go with? Thanks

Very nice ride

By any chance Bodybump do you live in Florida near Pompano beach?

I was on vacation 2 weeks ago and saw a Ex that looked very similar to your, I just saw it driving by so couldn't really see all the details, but I know the rims looked alot like yours.

If in case it was you the pics don't do the rims justice they are 1000 times better in person.

Anyways all this to say great looking ride.

Looks amazing, what's the brand of the nerf bars an what did u use to black out the chrome over the license plate thanks mike

Even with that many mods it still looks clean.......very well done.

Hahahaha you know when you see Explorer on the road and the rear end you can see the chrome pipping? i kinda not like it...so i painted mine in black...:)

I actually just bought some high heat paint last weekend to do the wife's Black ExSport JUST to cover the rear view :)

bothered me the first time I saw it !

getting her's detailed this Friday in prep for summer and will paint the pipes right after that...

Attachments

• rear underbody.JPG
    rear underbody.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 687

Please be sure to post pics JB2!!! :D

BTW, keep it inside today, don't want hail to damage it!

Love the look of your truck! I hadn't originally wanted running boards but I LOVE the look of yours. I figured out they're the DeeZee NXC, but which version? They look like they have a machined finish that matches your wheels, but the only one I can find online is either black or chrome?
If they are chrome, how is the "sheen" match?
How do you think it would look against the 2013 Sport wheels?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

love your explorer ,how much s the lettering emblem are they chrome or black

Back