Oil Change coming up - list for the dealer... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil Change coming up - list for the dealer...

FordMomof3

Reaction score
City, State
S.E. Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT (!!!!)
and I'm hoping things go smoothly.

1) there's a crack in the seam of my armrest - driver's side. There's a kind of "handle" on the arm rest/door and the very seam of it (top corner) is cracked...or split. It's a natural place for that to happen but unexpected to be sure.

2) the covers for the A pillars (I think that's what they are - edges of the front windshield) keep working their way loose. I can pound them back on with my hand but when they're loose - it's a huge pain. Very loud and disconcerting.

3) a few transmission issues I want reassurance on. I had a huge transmission issue with my last car and I want them to check this out.

4) Does anyone else find that it takes this car a LONG time to warm up? We've had a very cold winter here in S.E. Michigan and the colder it is, the longer it takes to warm up. I get that - but man, it takes it a long time. The seats don't heat up unless my butt is in it and the cabin is cold for a long time. Not sure what is up with that. My 2005 Freestar warmed up in minutes - whether or not I was driving. This one takes a long time and seems like it only starts once I start driving (and then takes a mile longer). weird.

I've been lax around here as my husband has been sick and undergoing treatment since October. But I try to duck in every now and again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4) Does anyone else find that it takes this car a LONG time to warm up? We've had a very cold winter here in S.E. Michigan and the colder it is, the longer it takes to warm up. I get that - but man, it takes it a long time. The seats don't heat up unless my butt is in it and the cabin is cold for a long time. Not sure what is up with that. My 2005 Freestar warmed up in minutes - whether or not I was driving. This one takes a long time and seems like it only starts once I start driving (and then takes a mile longer). weird.
I can't say that mine takes a long time to warm up. I have used the remote start a few times when it was really cold (-18 F). It sits in the garage and I'm able to start it from inside the house. By the time I'm ready to go and get in the vehicle it is nice and warm as are the seats. By the time I get in it has been running for about 6 or 8 minutes. The remote start setting is for 10 minutes.
I hope your husband is doing okay. Take care.

Peter

Hey Peter!

Thanks for the well wishes. He will be ok - we hope. Just dealing a day at a time.

I don't let mine sit that long when I start it and it's not in a garage (out in the driveway). While our temps haven't been quite that cold - negatives to be sure - the wind chill has been. I guess I still expect it to take less than 2.5 miles from start and immediately driving it - for it to warm up. Just seems long. But maybe that's normal for this vehicle.

My mini-van was less than 1/2 mile and it was warm - pumping warm air. Maybe this is just this way.

Good to see you're still around :)

and I'm hoping things go smoothly.

1) there's a crack in the seam of my armrest - driver's side. There's a kind of "handle" on the arm rest/door and the very seam of it (top corner) is cracked...or split. It's a natural place for that to happen but unexpected to be sure.

2) the covers for the A pillars (I think that's what they are - edges of the front windshield) keep working their way loose. I can pound them back on with my hand but when they're loose - it's a huge pain. Very loud and disconcerting.

3) a few transmission issues I want reassurance on. I had a huge transmission issue with my last car and I want them to check this out.

4) Does anyone else find that it takes this car a LONG time to warm up? We've had a very cold winter here in S.E. Michigan and the colder it is, the longer it takes to warm up. I get that - but man, it takes it a long time. The seats don't heat up unless my butt is in it and the cabin is cold for a long time. Not sure what is up with that. My 2005 Freestar warmed up in minutes - whether or not I was driving. This one takes a long time and seems like it only starts once I start driving (and then takes a mile longer). weird...

Hi FordMomof3,

I can assist by getting your case escalated to your region's customer service manager. They'll reach out to your dealership to ensure all of your concerns are addressed. To get started, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll handle it from there!

Crystal

All that cubic feet of volume

I would tend to agree that the Ex takes a while to warm up. Not sure if you are saying your heated seats are slow to warm, but that aspect of mine is fine. It's the cabin temp that takes a while to warm up and I can leave the temp set at HI for my whole commute without getting to hot. I do not use the AUTO mode, I set the temperature and control the fan myself. Maybe I should see if it makes a difference.

For comparison, my mother's Lexus GS300, which I drive once a week while she is in Florida, heats up super fast and then I have to crank the temp way down otherwise I'm boiling. But it has a much, much smaller cabin space.

Didn't I just read somewhere that you have to be sitting in the seat for heat/cool to work?
I'm not talking remote start. Their suppose to come on at some ridiculously low/high outside temp. setting. Wish we could or dealer could adjust temp. settings.

...Wish we could or dealer could adjust temp. settings.

Hi GWA1,

You can always post your suggestion to the Your Ideas tab of http://social.ford.com. Once it is posted, share the link with your friends so they can vote on it. Ideas are reviewed daily.

Crystal

Thanks everyone for your ideas and offers for help.

Crystal - I think I'll give the dealer an opportunity to deal with things appropriately. We have a fabulous service department and they take good care of us (after our last vehicle - they know us on sight :)). I'll for sure be in touch if I feel I need backup :)

Thanks everyone for your ideas and offers for help.

Crystal - I think I'll give the dealer an opportunity to deal with things appropriately. We have a fabulous service department and they take good care of us (after our last vehicle - they know us on sight :)). I'll for sure be in touch if I feel I need backup :)

Sounds good, FordMomof3. I'll be here if you need me. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back