Navteq Map Updates | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Navteq Map Updates

It is against the law! Many people do it and get away with it. Others have been prosecuted successfully!

The DVD's are copyrighted and federally protected. It is a shame that Navteq and Ford set the price so high. I have a Garmin in my Subaru Baja that uses Navteq software and it upgrades automatically, true it is one of the more expensive Garmins, BUT!!!!

I would not advise using pirated software. If you do, don't advertise on a national forum.

I am not trying to be critical or judgmental, just a friendly warning.

BGC

Well I changed my post above due to complaints. So d/l at your own risk.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 06 limited came with version 6P. I upgraded to version 8P. I reviewed the changes NAVTEQ made between 9P and their latest version 10P. They post them in a PDF download. I was not impressed with the number and scope of their annual updates. They listed all the changes they made by county within state for North America maps. They changed only one county in Pennsylvania where I live in 2011 and it is nowhere near me. This is hardly worth $199. Before I purchase my truck this October I used a top of the line Garmin Nuvi portable with hands free (sync) which I still keep in the vehicle. The one in the truck is not as good but it works fairly well. It could be a little louder and I don't like everything about how it directs you through the intersections but it always tells you the streets you are on and what direction you are going in relation to north and how to get home.

We are all spoiled. We depend too much on technology. However, I agree that Ford should make these unit programmable (Flashable) and easier to upgrade both the hardware and the software without buying a new vehicle. They should just put a hugh hard drive that can hold all your music and maps and offer a processor runs the software that drives the all the entertainment and navigation functions with annual version updates at a reasonable cost.

version 11???

Has anyone updated their nav dvd to the newest version 11??? I have an 07 EB with factory nav running version 8P and just wondered if anyone has hulked up and bought the newest update?

Sure, bought 11P on Ebay. Installed it and sold it back on Ebay. I'm out about $25.00 for the trouble. You could probably break even if you're more patient.

I am highly thinking of buying the disc and renting it out to people...screw navteq. I think this company is selling at a ridiculous high price.

So if bought of eBay, no special code is required in order to install the disc? And the DVD is removed or can be removed and it still works without the DVD??? Anyone have one I can rent for about 20 minutes and I can bring cash. Something is wrong with ebays $30 solution...

A DVD has to be left in the system.

Thank you......what about even being able to downloading it and ripping it to a DVD. Are the updates maps & firmware even more apathetically pleasing? I know my north, south, east, and west but just trying to keep this every option EB updated and properly taken care of.

Thank you......what about even being able to downloading it and ripping it to a DVD. Are the updates maps & firmware even more apathetically pleasing? I know my north, south, east, and west but just trying to keep this every option EB updated and properly taken care of.

Yes it does work

Apathetically pleasing? Yeah, that sounds about right. No effort at all was put into the aesthetics.

I only hope the roads are more updated than our local restaurants. It leaves a lot to be desired in that department.

Pictures possibly??? Anyone...

Sure, bought 11P on Ebay. Installed it and sold it back on Ebay. I'm out about $25.00 for the trouble. You could probably break even if you're more patient.

I picked up a new and sealed 11p of ebay as well. But when I opened the package, I noticed it's a rewritable dvd because of the blue/purple tint. Did you have this too cause the previous dvd's were real with the gold color.

I bought one from ioffer and its the 11P disc, it too is a burned copy but it works as it should. Payed $56 for it too.

Mine was purchased with a condition of "New, other". I sold it the same way.

DSC_2575.jpg

Front of DVD was silk screened, and media was silver dual layer. If somebody sold me a copy as an original, there would be negative feedback for sure, and maybe worse.

Sorry cancel that. I just reread you already sold it. I'm gonna give Navteq a call tomorrow just to be sure. Thanks

Back