How can I tell if the PO did a torsion twist? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How can I tell if the PO did a torsion twist?

tweakedlogic

Reaction score
City, State
memphis, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
It seems my ST is a little taller than what Ford would have done. I plan on using 32s, but I don't want to over tighten the torsion bars. The tires that came on the truck are a little over sized at 265/70/16. I don't have any rubbing.

Is there a way to tell?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're rig hasn't had a TT, the lower control arms will sit parallel to the ground, if you've had a twist, the arms will be at an angle. I'm on my phone now, but I can post you some pics when I get home. Or just search my how to on"tt/shackle lift w trimming how to".

Not exactly sure what the stock ground clearance is on the ST but you could do a google search or look in the owners manual and it should have it in there.

The 265's are only a half inch taller then the factory 255's and a quarter inch wider.

Here's what mine looked like with 265's all factory height.

picture.php

yeah, post a pic of the crossmember and a arms from about 20 feet away, and we will know by looking,

before
P1050892.jpg

after
P1070866.jpg

you can see in this pic that the lower control arm on the front wheel is angled down. in the first pic, the arms are flat. hope this helps.

Thanks guys. I'll take a pic tmrw when it's light outside.

Back