Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Arriving Moab Thursday, May 9th, Canyonlands, 2 for dinner.

Planning on running some of the more "mild-to-medium" trails as I'll be accompanied by the "better" (or at least "other") half. . . Willing to 'trail lead' or 'sweep' if or as required, been on most of these trails multiple times, no such thing as a "bad trail" in Moab.

60 days. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

WHOOOHOOO!!!!

Glad to hear you guys are going to make it!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Behind the Rocks also had bypasses that were fun for the smaller rigs.

Latecomer

I would love to join up with the group, but I cannot be there until mid saturday afternoon. How many are staying longer?

The Washington State guys will be leaving Monday morning as well

Ill be leaving monday as well, probably before the sun comes up (i want to be home tuesday so i can unpack wednesday to go back to work thursday)

Great to hear Terri will be joining us:chug:

Copy that!

BTW, Rick I noticed on Char's first post I'm not listed for dinner. You can consider me confirmed for Saturday dinner at the Branding Iron.

Post 236 forward

Participant list update
Diff Whack Daddy - Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog------------- 2 for dinner
Albino 94LTD ------ Explorer -----Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Pack Dog ------- 1 for dinner
Jrgaylor ----------- BII --------- Adventure Inn ---- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ------------ 1 for dinner
Toyota Jon -------- Toyota ----- Adventure Inn---- Arriving May 5th ---- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
James T ---------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 9th ---- Big Dog ------------ 2 for dinner?

Rick -------------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands?---- Arriving May 9th------ Lead Big Dog ------ 2 for dinner
MrQ -------------- Explorer ----- KOA ------------ ? -------------------- Pack Dog ----------? for dinner

Kris Guilbeaux ----- Mountaineer - KOA ------------ ? -------------------- ? ----------------- 1 for dinner
MoabB2 ----------- BII --------- Canyonlands------ Arriving late may 9th- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner
GJarrett ---------- Explorer ----- Silver Sage Inn --- Arriving May 8th----- Big Pack Dog ------ 1 for dinner
Randall ----------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- Arriving May 8th---- Big Dog? ----------- 4-5 for dinner
offroader_69_me -- Explorer ----- ? ---------------- ? ------------------- Big Dog
Mrboyle -----------Toyota ------ Area BFE---------- Arriving May 9th ---- Big Dog ----------- 1 for dinner

NICEFORD59 ------ Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Pack Dog? --------- 1 for dinner
Gmanpaint -------- FJ ---------- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 8th ---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Turdle ------------Mountaineer - Up the Creek CG- - ? ------------------ Scrawny Pack Dog -- 1 or 2 for dinner

Suicide77 --------- Explorer ------Hotel-Camping----- Arriving May 8th---- Pack Dog ---------- 2 for dinner
Jjaganashi--------- Ranger--------no clue where im stayin ? -------------- Big Dog
Benji-Man --------- Explorer ----- Big Horn Lodge ---- Arriving May 9th --- Scrawny Pack Dog - 2 for dinner?
Paul -------------- Explorer Sport Canyonlands -------Arriving May 9th --- - Big Pack Dog ------ 2 for dinner

Maybe;
Tbars4 - Explorer or Ranger???
Brian1 - Explorer
Birdy ------------- Explorer ----- KOA -------------- ? ------------------ Big Dog
Adamsbro2 ------- Explorer ----- Canyonlands ----- Arriving May 8th ----- Big Dog ----------- 6 for dinner
duckhuntinkid - Explorer -
mojavexploder - Explorer -
JTX - Explorer -
offroadkc - Cheby - Canyonlands - Pack Dog?

If I got something wrong, sorry, correct me

Big Dog = locked and 35's or bigger
Big Pack Dog= 33's and locked
Pack Dog = 31's or bigger, maybe locked on one end
Puppy Dog= Stock with good working LS

Running dinner total 27

Put me down for 2 adults and a kid for dinner. Thinking about taking a small loan from my 401k to pay for gas in the tow rig so i dont have to worry about killing my trans running 33's through the mountains with stock gearing

Put me down for 2 adults and a kid for dinner. Thinking about taking a small loan from my 401k to pay for gas in the tow rig so i dont have to worry about killing my trans running 33's through the mountains with stock gearing

Hate to say it but, that's a good idea.

The passes from the east side are brutal on anything older or weak. Throw in a modified rig with gearing under the power band, and well...not good. Your going to be glad you did trailer it, and with a lady & child, even more so. :thumbsup:

I ran 33" & 4:56:1 with the 4r auto, thru the Mountains, a few days in Moab and over heated it twice. Had to pull over in the middle of a climb up a pass on the Hwy to let it cool, & reset the ECM. Then again on a trail in the middle of no where in Moab. This was the deciding factor to go Manual as soon as I returned.

Oh Yeah....2 for Sat dinner!
Thanks Phil!

Just make sure the tow rig and trailer have good brakes, or you might be better off in the Explorer itself... Been there done that:eek: Smoked the brakes on our tow rig on one of the big mountain passes had to pull over to let them cool.

Kris and I will be arriving I believe on the evening of May 9th. And I will reserve a spot for 1 at dinner, and he will have a spot for 1 at dinner

Just make sure the tow rig and trailer have good brakes, or you might be better off in the Explorer itself... Been there done that:eek: Smoked the brakes on our tow rig on one of the big mountain passes had to pull over to let them cool.

Ill be sure to wire in the 2nd axle before i leave, I have yet to need it here but im sure ill need it in the mountains. Also need to add a bigger trans cooler and temp guage to the tow rig, cause an envoy towing 6k in stock form wont be much of an improvement over the ex lol

Looking a bit more like I will be down around Hanksville and Hite Crossing the end of April. Planning to end up the 2nd of May in Blanding. Now those dates are just a target and will be subject to change according to weather. (most of us are retired and can go anytime) And more might be planned to add on to the end of the trip. But there is an outside chance I can drive up to Moab to say hey.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Phil, put me down for 2 on the dinner as well. Thanks.

Back