• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Explorer Sport

NY1PR2012

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
This is my 2013 Explorer Sport in White Platinum Tri- Coat with the Black Sienna Interior. This one has the the Equipment Group 402A and optional,

Dual Panel Moonroof
Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning System
Trailer Tow Package
Roof Rack Cross Bars
OEM Mud Flaps

and the aftermarket accessories,

Visual Garage's Shark Finn Antenna
DeeZee # 16202 black and chrome trim running boards with DZ #16221 brackets. No drilling required.
Tinted two front windows 20% to match rest of the Sport windows
HID conversion kits for mains 9005 (8000K) and fog lights H11(8000) as well
OEM Large Cargo Organizer and Cargo Area Protector.

Here are some photos of the Sport. I will be posting more photos later on.

ExplorerSport10_zps9a7ab550.jpg

ExplorerSport9_zps80fbace3.jpg

ExplorerSport6_zpseed6eb3a.jpg

ExplorerSport11_zpsa3e3ed6f.jpg

ExplorerSport8_zps5ebece3d.jpg

ExplorerSport7_zps9f941b6e.jpg

With the HID's 8000k for the mains (9005) and fog lights(H11) with no problem at all with the lights either flickering or just one not turning on while the light switch in the car is turn to "Auto".

ExplorerSport12_zps56ec7dca.jpg

ExplorerSport14_zps033d4a60.jpg

ExplorerSport13_zps7cb6979f.jpg

ExplorerSport16_zpsa5bb142e.jpg

ExplorerSport5_zpsc306d464.jpg

ExplorerSport4_zps1551f7d8.jpg

2013FordExplorerSport_zps4adc422a.jpg

ExplorerSport3_zps3a797263.jpg

ExplorerSport1_zps401318e4.jpg

ExplorerSport2_zps3ccb068b.jpg

OEM Ford Cargo Organizer.

DSC04457.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin good! You go with 20% tint on front sides?

Like'n it ,the DeeZee's help "embrace" the other chrome/bright accents.

Like'n it ,the DeeZee's help "embrace" the other chrome/bright accents.

That's exactly why I chose that model because it blends in perfectly with the other chrome and bright silver accents.

Looks really good overall. my GTO and Passat have 35% on front sides and 5% on rear windows... since front tint is "illegal" I may stick with 35% on the Explorer too... although I love how much more the 20% blocks.

I'll post pics regardless what I choose :D

I like that rear cargo organizer too, definitely will come in handy for those lil trips around town ;)

Bad ass!!!!

Thank you! I think I am done so far with all the accessories that I wanted to do on my Sport. I finally had the HID lights done today and I am so happy with the outcome. I thought I had gone too far with the 8000K because I was under the impression that they may be too blueish but I like the way it turned out.
Just gorgeous!!! I truly Love my Explorer Sport. So far in just three weeks I had put only 400 miles and have enjoyed every mile.

I had a 2012 Explorer limited Fully Loaded before and I traded it in for the Sport and I have asked many of my friends who have seen both to describe in one word what is the one major difference they see between my 2012 Limited and the 2013 Sport and they all tell me the same thing, the Explorer Limited had a refined/luxurious look to it but ;
" The 2013 Explorer Sport Has a Menacing Look"

I wonder what a black shark fin would look like on a white Ex.

May I ask where you got your HID lights....and matching fog lights? I'd like to order the same.

I've ordered my Explorer Sport 5 weeks ago and I'm shopping for a accessories in the mean time :)

I'll jump in here. Thanks to NY I bought the same ones. They are from coolbulbs.com I bought the 6000k. They are more of a white light.

G1K-9005 9005 Pair $125.00 this is the number I ordered. His would be G1B-9005 9005

Can you post pictures / impressions of the rear cargo mat / protector? I'm trying to decide between the OEM and the WeatherTech. Thanks.

Back