• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Build Sheet

DubbsFaris

Reaction score
City, State
The Alamo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 GT500
Didnt see this posted yet- Thought you guys might be interested...

I am buying a 2014 Sport, currently, have some Shelbys, a 2011 Raptor, and 2013 Taurus SHO. Want the Explorer Sport as my daily...just was waiting for the Sport to get the MUCH NEEDED HIDs and 2nd row center console...

:thumbsup::D

Oh, I cannot post attachments it seems :mad:

I will email it to someone who can if yall like. Its a PDF, so I cannot copy and paste as text either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found a way...enjoy

Wow- that doesnt look very good....I'll see what I can do.

Attachments

• 14 explorer order guide.txt
    37.2 KB · Views: 573

the important pages-

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,711
  • photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,736
  • photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,671
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,733

I am buying a 2014 Sport, currently, have some Shelbys, a 2011 Raptor, and 2013 Taurus SHO. Want the Explorer Sport as my daily...just was waiting for the Sport to get the MUCH NEEDED HIDs and 2nd row center console...

:thumbsup::D

Oh, I cannot post attachments it seems :mad:

I will email it to someone who can if yall like. Its a PDF, so I cannot copy and paste as text either.
This was posted previously in the following thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381539

Still no HID headlamps though.

Peter

I am buying a 2014 Sport...

Hi DubbsFaris,

Shoot me a PM after you order your Explorer. I can track your order and give you updates on its progress - all I need is your order number and dealer name/location.

Crystal

People usually associate HID with either Sport or Luxury. I guess Ford is going with luxury on this one. My guess is that they want to keep the Limited different from the Sport so they don't compete against each other.

Is this second row w/ bench different than the '13? That is the only option we want in the Sport as we can't get the center console between the buckets in the Sport, only the Limited and I want the 3.5 EB and it's only in the sport..

I would prefer buckets but when you get them, they don't have arm rests.. That is our largest issue with making up our mind..

Is this second row w/ bench different than the '13?...

Hi there,

The Order Guide doesn't lead me to believe that there are differences between the bench seat in the 2013 vs. the 2014 models, but your best bet will be to contact your sales rep to verify.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Crystal

Is this second row w/ bench different than the '13? That is the only option we want in the Sport as we can't get the center console between the buckets in the Sport, only the Limited and I want the 3.5 EB and it's only in the sport..

I would prefer buckets but when you get them, they don't have arm rests.. That is our largest issue with making up our mind..

Center console is available in the Sport for '14.

People usually associate HID with either Sport or Luxury. I guess Ford is going with luxury on this one. My guess is that they want to keep the Limited different from the Sport so they don't compete against each other.

And smart people associate them with safety. It's a Ford, what do you expect?

Don't really know about that. The upgraded halogens I had in my last vehicle were as good or better that the HID's I have now.

Peter

Where I live, people who slap HIDs on their stock halogen headlamps always have this glare to them that can blind other drivers, thus being more dangerous. They usually upgrade to HIDs because they look cool and it's a brighter color.
In terms of visibility, stock halogens are more than enough to illuminate the road.

I do think Ford should provide HIDs with the Sport. I think they aren't doing so to keep the Limited special in its own way so like I said, to possibly make the Limited appeal to be a more technologically advanced packaged. People just love the look of HIDs.

Center console is available in the Sport for '14.

That figures... We just ordered a new Sport yesterday.. When will they start building the '14?? We went with the bench seat as when you get the buckets, they don't have arm rests, which doesn't seem right. We have buckets that have arm rests in our Denali, and when I looked at the Durango's they had them too, but I like the looks of the Explorer better and I've already had 2 Durango's....

That figures... We just ordered a new Sport yesterday.. When will they start building the '14?? We went with the bench seat as when you get the buckets, they don't have arm rests, which doesn't seem right. We have buckets that have arm rests in our Denali, and when I looked at the Durango's they had them too, but I like the looks of the Explorer better and I've already had 2 Durango's....

3/25 2014 orders accepted
4/12 Final 2013 orders due
5/02 2014 scheduling begins
6/03 2014 production begins

In other words, there is about a 3 week period to order either a 2013 or 2104.

3/25 2014 orders accepted
4/12 Final 2013 orders due
5/02 2014 scheduling begins
6/03 2014 production begins

In other words, there is about a 3 week period to order either a 2013 or 2104.

Thanks for the information.. We are just going to stick with the order as it is.. 90% of the time my wife will be commuting in it and when we have passengers, they get the bench.. However, does the bench have a center item that folds down, etc? We looked at some pictures and it looks like it does..

-T

Thanks for the information.. We are just going to stick with the order as it is.. 90% of the time my wife will be commuting in it and when we have passengers, they get the bench.. However, does the bench have a center item that folds down, etc? We looked at some pictures and it looks like it does..

-T

Yes the bench has a fold down arm rest with two built in cup holders.

Hello, I'm a new member with a question about 2nd row bucket seats. Can anyone tell me for sure if 1) the 2nd row Buckets (sometimes referred to as Captains Chairs) fold down flat as do the 60/40 bench? 2) continue and "Stow" as the 60/40 bench? and 3) what happens to the "Gap" between the seats? is there just a gap when in the Flat folded mode?

Looking forward to any opinions.
Milty

Hello, I'm a new member with a question about 2nd row bucket seats. Can anyone tell me for sure if 1) the 2nd row Buckets (sometimes referred to as Captains Chairs) fold down flat as do the 60/40 bench? 2) continue and "Stow" as the 60/40 bench? and 3) what happens to the "Gap" between the seats? is there just a gap when in the Flat folded mode?

Looking forward to any opinions.
Milty

Yes they fold flat, and yes they stow (flip forward) as the bench does. There will be a gap between the seats unless you get the console option.

2nd Row Bucks and optional Console; 51D ?

Riley, Thanks for the quick reply. So then does the Console "fold Flat" or otherwise change configuration to create a flat top surface? I haven't seen any pics of the Buckets with a Console. Trying to imagine a console that works as an armrest,...but then gets out of the way for cargo.
Milt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where I live, people who slap HIDs on their stock halogen headlamps always have this glare to them that can blind other drivers, thus being more dangerous. They usually upgrade to HIDs because they look cool and it's a brighter color.
In terms of visibility, stock halogens are more than enough to illuminate the road.

I do think Ford should provide HIDs with the Sport. I think they aren't doing so to keep the Limited special in its own way so like I said, to possibly make the Limited appeal to be a more technologically advanced packaged. People just love the look of HIDs.

People who do that don't know what they are doing. You can't just upgrade to HID lamps without using a HID reflector or projector lens. If you don't have those, the light shines all over the place and blinds other drivers.

I wish Ford would have the HID option on the Sport. Halogen lamps look dim to me and don't light up the road as well as HID lights.

Back