WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners

The WeatherTech's are appealing with their digital imaging custom contouring.

Pricey......$179+for 1st two rows

CobraJohn I have the Weathertechs in My Sport.I ordered all three rows and love them so far but have to admit I've only had the Sport a couple of weeks.
I chose the Weathertechs over the Huskys totally on appearance after reading on these forums that other Explorer owners were happy with both.I paid $230 plus $18 for shipping all Three sets on Weathertech.com.

Lou

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here you go (sorry got lazy taking pics of the passenger side and 3rd row seat):

IMG_6059_zps5ff467c5.jpg

IMG_6060_zps9244ce77.jpg

For the 2nd row, I placed the OEM vinyl on top of the weathertech for extra protection. Besides, didn't want the OEM to go to waste hehe!

Got mine from Autoaccessoriesgarage for $210.67 shipped. =)

I never put in the Ford carpet mats, took out the Ford weather mats and went all WeatherTech. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, lower and upper cargo mats.
Plus there window visors and bug deflector.

I had the weatherTech all weather mats in my old Sport Trac, and they where better then the current Ford weather mats, well actually they look the same, um.. wondering who makes Ford's.

I purchased Weather tech mats for Front, row 1 & 2 for a snow trip. This was a complete lifesaver keeping my 1 week old car clean from any mud and water. I am definitely purchasing these for the other cars.

What about WeatherTech all-weather vs the molded ones? I found the molded ones in the pictures above feel too much plastic like - I want rubber mats. Anyone have those all-weather ones?

The Ford weather mats, like the WeatherTEchs, I think they make them for Ford.

But I was OK with the all weather Ford mat, they where included in my buy.
But the DigitalFit one have the edge/lip that goes up and would better keep all the water and dirt.

I had the WeatherTech all-weather in my old Ex and the gf has them in a 2008 Camery.
She likes the DigitalFit better also.

Just got an 08 ltd from a dealer here and it came with the weathertech floor liners, no issues in the front or rear, just the trunk moves around some. Great in the snow/rain to trap all of the water.

What about WeatherTech all-weather vs the molded ones? I found the molded ones in the pictures above feel too much plastic like - I want rubber mats. Anyone have those all-weather ones?

I have the Ford All Weather mats and have been very happy with them so far, however if i had older kids i think i'd would at minimum get the WeatherTech mats for the second row since they are much less careful when getting in and out.

The blanket i have in the cargo area though is not cutting and that will be replaced with either the Ford mat or the Weather tech mat very soon.

Question re Weather Tech mats

Currently using WT mats, they are good, form fitting in front, middle not so much, 3rd row good fit.

Overall fronts are best, 2nd & 3rd row are not deep.
All can be slippery if wet, but not too much.
Easy to wipe clean to start a cleaning, easier to remove to clean.

I would like to know if the Huskys are good or anyone likes them?
By good I mean cover more floor/pedal/door area and back of feet?

Basically a lot of water and mud can run behind any mats at the areas that your feet go and there is no mat, and eventually they must be removed to clean and let the carpet dry.

FYI Ford all weather mats in front dont help much at all and carpet underneath was wet for days until i removed all daily to let dry.

re Front - I have heard the Husky mats wrap over to a lip on the door side, and the top of back (against your heel) also wraps over edge into a lip, and that the entire front left foot rest is covered by the mat, as well as the front goes up more than the WT mats.

Anyone know if this is true? The pictures of Huskys show the door side lip quite well, other than that, would be great to have all the pedal area covered.

re 2nd row/middle console - mats fit well on floor, and around console. but the rear middle that should be flush to seating base is not flush, there is a 2" gap.
I'm calling them to see if its the right 2nd row mat. It really doesnt look right.
The mats dont fit if reversed, so I think they are facing the right way.
FYI they 1st must be cleaned to remove, as they need to be tilted down towards front, until all the way out, to remove.

3rd row mats fit well, they are shallow.

Overall the Ford mats were nice and deep and 2nd/3rd row are long, but WT mats have saved me from a pile of snow, ice, mud, dirt, etc.

Bought directly from WT.

re Weather Tech window & hood visor

I never put in the Ford carpet mats, took out the Ford weather mats and went all WeatherTech. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, lower and upper cargo mats.
Plus there window visors and bug deflector.

I had the weatherTech all weather mats in my old Sport Trac, and they where better then the current Ford weather mats, well actually they look the same, um.. wondering who makes Ford's.

Just wondering, im about to install the WT door and hood visors.
Any issues at the car wash or at hiway speeds??

When its dirty everyone uses the full feature wash-the entire car is touched by "soft" wash machines. Afraid for the visors, antennae, and mirrors, but 1st wash last week was fine.
(Touchless when not so dirty.)

I have both WeatherTech in my wife's and Husky in mine.

WeatherTech's are great, look better, and have a more durable look to them.

Husky's definitely look cheaper but their laser cut coverage is better because they cover more carpet. To me the carpet edge after the door sill is critical and gets the most abuse. Husky's cover it, WeatherTech's dont.

Both have raised edges to hold snow/slush from escaping onto carpet.

Comes down to personal choice, whats more important to you carpet coverage or appearance?

Here is what mine looks like after a (one) Minnesota winter:

20130326_165220_zps11ebc448.jpg

Notice the edges curling a little like you asked in your original question:

20130326_165231_zpsbc4c14c1.jpg

They did fit tight like the previous poster showed in his pictures. The truck will be 1 year old in mid April, so this is after 11 months of heavy use and lots of snow! Hopefully these helped :)

See the wear on the door sill carpet shoulder..........thats why I went with Husky as they cover this.

oh day'yum look at that....

Day'um. Ain't nobody got time for dat. Luckily I just ordered WT's and it was cancelled. I may go with the Husky liners now. :)

Weathertech and Huskys side by side.

I ordered Huskys and will def use in front, likely 2nd row too, as hump has some treads, and WT 2nd row do not fit.

So I have installed both mat sets as of today.
Yup using all of them...

....naw read on...

One great thing about both - no rubbery or chemical smell at all.

FYI Husky directions mention to clean with water+soap, or GlassPlus/409.
They specifically mention using ArmorAll or Son of a Gun will make the mats slick

Drivers mat;

WT-drivers mat has very good floor snaps, perfect fit and reaches top of foot well all around the back edge, very rigid. Bottom is smooth.
Only covers half of foot rest, & coverage for the rest is good.

H-not as rigid as WT, molded areas are less sharp but are still an accurate fit.

H-drivers has no floor 'snaps', but has instead the covered floor holes fit over the floor posts with no locking.
Bottom has good amount of spikes and they are sharp!
Does not seat as well as WT right out of the box, but will see tomorrow when driving and they straighten out a bit.

-H covers entire left foot rest, and then goes up a tad over that & goes over to the right and all the way around. Good coverage.

-H covers the carpet between the Explorer door entry logo and the drop off into the foot well, it doesn't extend any further towards the door edge.

Its a good fit but since its not as rigid or any more weighted on this part, in the winter i'm sure some slush would get under the lip, but, it at least covers that part.
There is a slight lip that folds back & over the top, in 2 spots on the back edge, where your heels would be, which is nice.

Passenger front:
Fit is good on both, WT and H dont seem to move.

2nd Row (bench) liner.
H seems a tad taller around the door edges and back edge.
Perfect fit, lots of spikes, and H instructions show how to trim hump cover for 2nd row console option.

The hump top has nice looking treads, designed in 2 'blocks'.
A large block, and on the back part against the middle seat base, & a short 'block'.
This short block would be trimmed away to allow for a console.

FYI - called WT today and inquired about my 2nd row liner.
I asked if it was supposed to sit 2" away from the center back & rear sides of the hump, while the rest of the hump is a perfect fit.
They said yes, due to molding process.
(It just has this gap all around the back of the hump, looks out of place, however the rear hump end is also flared, as if it were possibly made for a console? and if no console, its just a gap? but its too short for a console, so no idea.)

3rd row
I kept the WT, did not order the Huskys.

I'm returning some items to WT, things I didnt use. Cust service was nice, and waived shipping on an exchange that I did for window visors.

Huskys I ordered thru Amazon, free shipping and its Amazon, so if any returns its easy.

Huskys are great. Didnt even notice the mat today driving.

2nd row looks better, the treads on top of the hump look WAY cooler,
and these mats are a smooth glossier black.
The hump is very noticeable in the 2nd row-that center part looks now cleaner now, & a tad glossier. Even scuffed and dirty it looks better.

The WT mat looked grey/brown dusty with scuffs because of their all-over texture trapping dirt. Plus that gap was awful.

The WT's have a micro-texture and have a more matt look to them.
They are really nice in front especialy with that red black logo-looks awesome.

Great pics of Huskys here by another member as well as his mods:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383114

After all the reviews i went with the Husky Liners, they look alot cheaper in the advertisements; but they fit really nice and will protect the carpet very well.
Im glad that i went with the Husky for cleanup as well. The slick finish really isnt that slick and will make cleanup alot better than anything with a "richer looking texture".

Thanks for all the reviews and pics guys, great help!

When I had my Cobalt I went with the Husky's, mainly because WT didn't make the mats for the model car I had.. I LOVED the Husky's. they did the job.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WeatherTech liners Ordered 2015 Limited

Just to let everyone know that WeatherTech now has the floor liners for the 2015 Explorer. Ordered mine today and expect delivery on Thursday !:thumbsup:

Back