Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

I believe the point here is it Ford lacks specific attention to detail that foreign car manufacturers don't have a problem with

also if this many people notice it ford should have taken notice as well

if the attention to detail would be done by Ford, you wouldn't be paying 50's for a Limited.

I mean seriously guys, ITS AN EXPLORER...not an FX45, not a Cayenne, not a GL...stop thinking "oh if i paid this then they better give this" crap like you think Ford is the best damn company in the world. Its good, but expect cheap quality at its finest! Ford has come a long way in a couple of years.

cars are much more expensive now than 5-10 years ago to manufacture. What you bought with 20k a couple of years ago now is in the 30k range, and the 30k range is now on the 40k.

If you want your moneys worth...get a Kia or a Hyundai, but dont forget about resale value.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the point here is it Ford lacks specific attention to detail that foreign car manufacturers don't have a problem with

I don't think you're looking hard enough then on the foreign cars. As one example with 30 seconds of google: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-2007-2013-acura-mdx/41166-2011-exterior-fit-finish.html

"Overall I'm pleased with my MDX but the fit & finish is definitely not luxury class."

Seems MDX owners are complaining about alignment gaps in the exterior body, gaps in the dash panels, etc..... I bet you could find fit and finish complaints of this type about almost every car.

Modern cars have so many parts and moving components that if you look hard enough, or use the car enough, you will find a flaw, defect, design choice you don't agree with, yada yada. The thing I've learned most from this forum is not to let the little hiccups bother you. Save your frustration for the big issues or you'll drive yourself crazy and you'll never be happy because the next car you drive will have issues of some type as well.

I agree I do need to be less critical as it does drive me crazy as nothing is ever good enough!

I digress and at this point must admit I am back in love with my 2013 from hating my 2011.

i think we should be more concerned w/ our POTUS than a seam....lol....puts flame suit on :)

I haven't noticed any 'ugly carpet seams' on mine either.
It seems you are softening your opinion on the Explorer a bit. Going from, "This 2013 is the worst vehicle period I have ever owned, and never again......" to now, "it is highly doubtful I would ever buy another one....";)
BTW, does your border collie like the Ex?

Peter

Our Border Collie, often smarter then his owner, and many people, loves the Explorer. When he is not driving, he especially apprecieates the interior room and comfortable ride. I may be softening a tad on the Exp, but it's still been a pain. Ford really should and could do better on their flagship......best regards Plum

Now we're talk'in ........ It's not a million dollar fix ........ It's the detail of the product that catches your eye! :eek:

You guys peeked my curiosity so I had to go take a look at mine. Is this what everyone else's looks like? Keep in mind my interior was completely removed and put back in and I'm wondering if they got the carpet seem wrong.... This is a pic looking forward from the back seat underneath my driver's seat.
20130327_075208.jpg

Looks like my 2011. My 2013 has the seam overlapping the other way so u cant see it from the back .

if the attention to detail would be done by Ford, you wouldn't be paying 50's for a Limited.

I mean seriously guys, ITS AN EXPLORER...not an FX45, not a Cayenne, not a GL...stop thinking "oh if i paid this then they better give this" crap like you think Ford is the best damn company in the world. Its good, but expect cheap quality at its finest! Ford has come a long way in a couple of years.

cars are much more expensive now than 5-10 years ago to manufacture. What you bought with 20k a couple of years ago now is in the 30k range, and the 30k range is now on the 40k.

If you want your moneys worth...get a Kia or a Hyundai, but dont forget about resale value.

Whatever. If everyone had this attitude manufacturers would get away with everything. Listen closely. I pay for a product. I don't care who makes it. I pay over 50k I want quality. Ford has been following these forums and fixing the small things. Kudos to them for doing so. Things I have noticed that bugged me were the emergency flash button. The map card slot design. Opening in the console for cords to come out. The power seat buttons. Tin roof noise etc.... All small things that have been improved. I hate when I hear about that Euro cars are better. Demand better product and service and you'll get it. Keep complaining people. It works. Why should anyone settle second best. I don't.

Buy a KIA..... BAHAHAHAAAAHAWHABSGOHABSGO

You guys peeked my curiosity so I had to go take a look at mine. Is this what everyone else's looks like? Keep in mind my interior was completely removed and put back in and I'm wondering if they got the carpet seem wrong.... This is a pic looking forward from the back seat underneath my driver's seat.
20130327_075208.jpg
Looks like my 2012 as well ........ Beautiful, ain't it? And this is for a $40k+ vehicle! :mad:

Like mwoods269, mine also overlaps the other way so it isn't visible from the back. It shouldn't be visible anyway unless you're down at floor level.
Everyone does realize that the Explorer doesn't have a 1 piece carpet, right?
That means that one section has to overlap the other for protection. If you don't like the way it looks from the back, try overlapping it the other way. With the OEM floor mats and the Husky liner on top of that I really, really have to work to even see this.
I, for one, have absolutely no problem with this. It's a non issue in my book.

Peter

Looks like my 2011. My 2013 has the seam overlapping the other way so u cant see it from the back .

Hmm, this is from my 2013, so, as I thought they didn't put the carpet back in the vehicle correctl when they had it ripped apart.

Back