Moab 2013 - May 10-12 | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2013 - May 10-12

Which weekend is best? (May 10-12 is best for me)

• Weekend of May 10-12

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Weekend of May 17-20

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
How many are planning to stay Sunday for a trailrun as opposed to leaving for home that morning? I'm about to make flight reservations and want to know if I might as well plan to fly out of SLC Sunday afternoon, or hang around for a Sunday trailrun and fly out on Monday morning.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How many are planning to stay Sunday for a trailrun as opposed to leaving for home that morning? I'm about to make flight reservations and want to know if I might as well plan to fly out of SLC Sunday afternoon, or hang around for a Sunday trailrun and fly out on Monday morning.

From the NW, Kevin, Joe and I will be running a trail Sunday. Not sure about Paul

Gonna be around sunday,can at least take pics and video of the big dogs,that will be fun to watch.:D

I'm in for Pritchett!

Leaving Sunday, but would be up for a run if we do something that doesn't take all day.

Yep, leaving Monday morning and driving right thru SLC. Also just had my passenger seat open up as my co-driver now has to work, so thereis that too.

Unhappy news.......we have to say we can't make it after all. Very frustrating to say the least,we just can't make the money end work without going in the hole. Sorry guys,hopefully next year.:(

Reservations made... I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday morning.

Just a heads up for those who are planning a run on the top of the world trail. I did that trail today, and the officials from RR4W are going to be reviewing the rating on it and most likely upping it to more than a 4, which is what its at right now. The trail is still do-able by someone with a two inch lift, but expect a lot of scraping and larger than 12" ledges.

Well, I just spent a butload of money renting a house for us, so I need to get my 86 mustang painted and sold before then to have enough money for this. I don't see a problem getting this done, but I can't guarantee it. So if anyone wants a new toy, I got one for sale!

Just a heads up for those who are planning a run on the top of the world trail. I did that trail today, and the officials from RR4W are going to be reviewing the rating on it and most likely upping it to more than a 4, which is what its at right now. The trail is still do-able by someone with a two inch lift, but expect a lot of scraping and larger than 12" ledges.

Clockwise or counter clockwise? We have always ran it counter clockwise in the past with the stockers so that the ledges are all downhill with the exception of the one just before rejoining the loop on the way out

Im still hoping to make it. Mike, I would probably camp out with you either at Area BFE or at some other nice and free campsites I know of in the area. I have been thinking about running Elephant Hill this time...

I'm thinking the same thing. If Top of the World has now earned a 4 rating that may be increased even higher, it would have to be clockwise at the loop.... I can't envision how it could have changed so much in the past few years otherwise. Nate, when you got up top, did you run the loop counterclockwise or clockwise?

..I'm never sure but I would also like to attend this trip if I can afford it..We shall see..

..I did however find this thread and dusted it off...It holds some great information on what type of modifications (from stock to highly modified) indexed to what trails to run in each category...

..It even has what trails you want to do if it's your first time in Moab and which ones to think twice about and why...

..Here's to some great reading for Moab trip planning...:biggthump....:popcorn:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86013

...:scratch:..This one might have some updated info in it too..
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102174

The right side is still decent (guessing counter clockwise). The left side (clock wise) has been hammered bad from what I hear. Our guide had a Cherokee with a 4" lift he said he had to be strapped up a few ledges on that left side. Supposedly the right side is a bit worse than it has been but I had it in 4 low i climbed up a lot of those ledges, but I hit several times on the underside scraped my bumpers a few times on the ledges. I'd be cautious taking a stock vehicle up, we had a few stockers with us they made it but struggled a lot towards the top of the trail.

Parts are just now trickling in for the mods. Hoping to be able to find the time to get them all installed in time.

Coil over Lift, sliders, front IFS skid, LCA skids, Shock skids, Roof rack, roof basket, have all arrived.

Still waiting on the Transmission, T-case, Trailing arm mounts, skids to be powder coated and shipped.

Still need some lights, rear view camera/monitor ordered. Sheesh!

ARB locker is still a go to be installed the day we arrive. Stopping in Denver area to have S.F.F. customs do the work in the morning before we continue on to Moab.

Were pretty excited to going, and can't wait for time away from the daily grind. :)

Change of plans

Kevin and I have a minor change of plans.

We will now be in a tent trailer in site #79 at Canyonlands.:D:thumbsup:

Time is getting short, anticipation is growing!!:eek:

Woot woot, I just saved a bunch of money on hotel accomidations! 33 days!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back