• Register Today It's free!

Free Lift.....Not!

Rwolfe

Reaction score
City, State
Hanover PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer Sport trac
I got rear ended by a grand prix I was stopped for a school bus an I got pushed into a bmw

I am 6'3" tall an the top of the bed is almost to my chin an it was factory height no lift

Well I just got the appraisal

The frame is mangled but they are going to purchase a new frame an disassemble my truck an reassemble it on the new frame. Fix the obvious problems an if anything was unseen that is damaged it will be fixed as well

Also brand new brush guard an replacement KC light

But I wonder what brush guard I will get It replaced with? Any thoughts?

Car that hit me

Car I was pushed into

Brush Guard pic

Rear end pic

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't believe they're going to do all that for you!

That's awesome! Glad to hear you're okay :thumbsup:

Wow! New frame, that's pretty key.

As for the BMW. you got pushed into an 8 series, you're (your insurance co.) not liable for that are you? Because that is going to be a pretty penny to fix!

Thanks,

Yea I am not responsible for anything due to the chain reaction

Just curious what Brush guard I will get lol

This is supposed to take 10 days to do an 60 man hours to do so

Looks like the ST won, by a lot :D

Surprised they are replacing the frame. What kind of insurance does this guy have?

Well he has state farm but I have allstate an I filled the claim through allstate so they are fixing it an seeking reimbursement from state farm

Hmm wonder if I could find someone to run into me. I need a paint job and to take care of a few surface rust spots :D

Yeah me too don't need anything but the car to do a 360 around my truck and scratch the crap out of it for some new paint. Good he had insurance so many are driving around without but that's a different story and I don't need to get started on that.

glad you are ok and glad you are not liable for the 8 series since its a unibody that will be a hefty price tag.

Well he has state farm but I have allstate an I filled the claim through allstate so they are fixing it an seeking reimbursement from state farm

Good thinking :thumbsup:

In Ontario you would be charged with , I believe, careless, even though you were hit first then pushed. Up here we have to fight like he** to clear ourselves in a chain reaction and even then it's usually plead down to following too close. I think its a police sham but what are ya gonna do?

I wonder if the drivetrain took a hit. I would be concerned about the transmission output area if the frame was accordion folded at all.

Got the check / the physical written estimate crazy seeing prices on this estimate lol

Trac is supposed to be done this week just waiting on a few small things to get done

Hopefully Wednesday!!!!!!

Cant wait !!!!!!!

Back