show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread | Page 79 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

yeah, so i wanted to separate men from mice and see your LIFTED explorer.
(yes, i´m gonna steal ideas for my soon to be x)
also this thread could be really cool for everyone else who´s into jacked up trucks.

keep 'em coming!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tucked skinies

Here`s what it was, now all in pieces in my garage to be reassembled bigger.

attachment.php

Image with likely 10 . 5 wide perfect.;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Tuperware

Looks good, how much lift and what tire size are you running?

Show some iron lines remove all plastic pieces and recycle. Thank you!

spindles

lift involves, a 3 inch body lift all around, 2" torsion twist for front, 1" key fro front, 3" deotsch spindle lift for front, and rear is spring over axle and shackel extensions.

Wear did you get the spindles did you need anything while installing them and wich ones did you get and what year is your st i need to know everything you did with your spindles and which ones :rangertan:

How about showing off a rolled lifted explorer :roll: :D

Sarah so far is okay, Bump on the head and sore. Small cut behind her ear.

IMG_20130319_161650_778_zpsd9a96aa9.jpg

IMG_20130319_161634_733_zpsf5c765e9.jpg

I guess somebody braked in front of her on sheet ice (I verified the ice, it was a skating rink when I got there) she braked and the ass slid out and down into the ditch (4 ft drop to about a foot wide level and another 2 foot back up to the field) clipping a sign and I guess she rolled three times according to witnesses, but looking at the earth and marks I think it was twice. It was a two post adopt a highway sign that acted as a ramp. Broke it in half. Landed about 50 yds out into a corn field. Pics are as it was when landed. Seems only body damage, I climbed in and fired it up and sounded good, no fluids underneath and dropped it in 4lo and drove that ***** out of the field up the ditch and to the road. I would of drove it home if the cops wouldn't of been on site.

Seems the impacts were only to both "a" pillars and thinking the sign did the LF damage. Really no other impact points to the body, bunch of corn stalks and mud backed into the beads of the tires but all 4 were still inflated. Bags weren't deployed as the sensors weren't damaged.

Thinking I may do a body swap. Found a couple other 98's with bad 4.0L sohc for cheap and good bodies. Reading about doing motor swaps I think I can get the body swapped in a few hrs with the use of a hoist.

Faired pretty damn good in my opinion, walking away with the min. injuries she suffered and considering her Explorer has a 2" Body Lift. Body still appears square to the frame and all mounts intact.

Yikes! Glad to hear she's alright!

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear Second Gen came thru when needed the most.

sorry to hear about the accident, glad no serious injuries, super impressed that you were able to drive it again afterwards... good luck with the body swap!!

Si

Does this count?

phoca_thumb_l_016_zpsd5d66e06.jpg

I think I've got the highest lift of everyone on the board :D

...Explorer has a 2" Body Lift. Body still appears square to the frame and all mounts intact.
Hey man,
I'm glad to hear there are no injuries after the accident, I also lost an explorer after I rolled it due to ice.
I was curious what the set up for your two exs is, as far as lift aside from the body lift? I really like the look/amount of lift they have. You can pm me if you want, I don't wanna hijack the thread
Thanks

Sarah so far is okay, Bump on the head and sore. Small cut behind her ear.

IMG_20130319_161650_778_zpsd9a96aa9.jpg

IMG_20130319_161634_733_zpsf5c765e9.jpg

I guess somebody braked in front of her on sheet ice (I verified the ice, it was a skating rink when I got there) she braked and the ass slid out and down into the ditch (4 ft drop to about a foot wide level and another 2 foot back up to the field) clipping a sign and I guess she rolled three times according to witnesses, but looking at the earth and marks I think it was twice. It was a two post adopt a highway sign that acted as a ramp. Broke it in half. Landed about 50 yds out into a corn field. Pics are as it was when landed. Seems only body damage, I climbed in and fired it up and sounded good, no fluids underneath and dropped it in 4lo and drove that ***** out of the field up the ditch and to the road. I would of drove it home if the cops wouldn't of been on site.

Seems the impacts were only to both "a" pillars and thinking the sign did the LF damage. Really no other impact points to the body, bunch of corn stalks and mud backed into the beads of the tires but all 4 were still inflated. Bags weren't deployed as the sensors weren't damaged.

Thinking I may do a body swap. Found a couple other 98's with bad 4.0L sohc for cheap and good bodies. Reading about doing motor swaps I think I can get the body swapped in a few hrs with the use of a hoist.

Faired pretty damn good in my opinion, walking away with the min. injuries she suffered and considering her Explorer has a 2" Body Lift. Body still appears square to the frame and all mounts intact.

Went and bought a 97 donor, rust free body, blown head gasket on the 4.0L sohc and 2wd. Gave $550 for it and cost about $60 in fuel to go get and trailer back. Was brought up from down south 2 yrs ago to Michigan.
9am
IMG_20130331_092117_680_zps0c3ba5f8.jpg

Around 10am
IMG_20130331_110150_644_zps16dcbbf2.jpg

About Noon
IMG_20130331_110809_279_zpsde3ffc72.jpg

IMG_20130331_110819_538_zps7dbbf3a2.jpg

1pm
IMG_20130331_111736_847_zps3252011e.jpg

3ish
IMG_20130331_123704_939_zps16a2aea5.jpg

IMG_20130331_124422_275_zpsfbb23050.jpg

5:30ish
IMG95201303319519351795484_zps190281c6.jpg

IMG95201303319519343895905_zps3b6a7977.jpg

Ended up transferring all of the under hood harness from the 98 to the donor 97. Swapped dash from 98 to 97. And ended up having to swap the entire body harness from the 98 into the 97. Spent almost two hours chasing a ####ing ground to get it to start. All I have left to do is reassemble the interior (carpet and seat, dash already in) and mount the front bumper. But I will do all that at work, it is driveable as is.

Previous owners on the 97 are nothing short completely DISGUSTING, interior was so trashed and gross. Taking 90% of the interior from the 98 and installing into the 97 to replace the gross ****.

I think in the end the wife is getting to dd the green ex (mine) and I am gonna dd the new black ex. The body is in excellent shape and I think I am gonna black everything out and make this one really nice. Leave the green one as is and it will still get wheeled but the black one won't other then silver lake.

So ended up with a 97 "shell" with 98 frame, engine and all related components, all wiring from a 98, and all interior from a 98. So other then the vin it is pretty much a 98 still.

IMG_20130404_180221_853_zps3ff02c79.jpg

Great job with the Body transfer. will look good blacked out.

Mine!

2q9z252.jpg

Heres some of my filthy junk...

Back