2013 All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, Pa Jun 7-9 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, Pa Jun 7-9

How do you want to spend Sun. June 9th, 2013?

• I want to go to Rausch Creek!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh. There has to be something other than wheeling to do.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No actual tent ? Is there something I'm missing ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's either hot as hell for AFN or you're floating away.

Maybe ill but a small one for my bed or think about a cabin I will figure something out

The heat doesn't bother me. I would be more woried about floating away

The heat there will bother you. I think last year I saw a little red guy eating a ice cream. And ya, bring a raft, not a tent just in case

All this talk about camping is making me antsy. There simply isn't enough time to bulletproof the BII to get out to Carilisle not on a trailer. :/

I think the new plan is to clean up the black truck, throw my mountain bike on the back and head out a few days early for some camping and bs'ing. Really could use the break from work/projects.

I don't think it can be that bad I don't live to far from there

Google Maps says 4 hours but when you're in a vehicle that doesn't do much more than 65 and it's 80 something out the ride wears you out.

It's generally hot or rains a day or two.

We did a cabin that didnt have air and it wasn't to bad one year. You generally sweat your ass at the show field and its generally cooler at night.

If you do tent, just make sure it's very water proofed. 3 years ago I had water up to the fog lights when I decided to pass a stream that was flooding. So it can defiantly lay some rain down!

Im Officially backing out of carisle this year with everything going on and funds just not there im sorry to say im not even going to try to make it and too much work need on the truck and no time
Sorry guys have fun if things change i might come down but very unlikely

Chris

Parli22

Google Maps says 4 hours but when you're in a vehicle that doesn't do much more than 65 and it's 80 something out the ride wears you out.

True that.

FYI, 55 Days to AFN!

FYI, 55 Days to AFN!

oh god, dont say that!!!! there is still a foot of snow up here :mad:, i still have to get the tune nailed so it will run right with no problems, and all the other joys that i have in previous years before i drive there.

Hoping to have my new 39.5 IROKS on before the show...No way I could drive up there with the new 5.13 gears on 35s.
Later this year I'll have the trailer with tow rig. Might have it for the Truck show in Aug.
Talk about heat and humidity though.

oh god, dont say that!!!! there is still a foot of snow up here :mad:, i still have to get the tune nailed so it will run right with no problems, and all the other joys that i have in previous years before i drive there.

Hey Tim! Is that your Eaton SuperCharger I hear because we have 45 Days left till AFN, :D

:burnout:

ugh, dont remind me. i just spent the last 3 hours cleaning out a sport trac that i have here, and havent even looked at evil yet. oh, did i also forget to mention it was warm today? yea, for you guys it would have been 35F out. mother nature is not cooperating with me this year. i may have to drive her there, and prep it there....

Pre AFN outing at Adam's this weekend to get his bag of bolts ready for some miles. Guess I better get mine ready... :(

Pre AFN outing at Adam's this weekend to get his bag of bolts ready for some miles. Guess I better get mine ready... :(

Lol, it keeps all of its bolts in the right places. Let me know of a time and I will be up, do I smell a re-gear, :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My bucket of bolts is standing by.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forum Runner

Back