2013 Owners (Sport would be nice) - Need you to check something for me.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Owners (Sport would be nice) - Need you to check something for me....

exilepa

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ruby Red Sport
As quite a few of you know my situation with my Ex Sport, I won't go into the granular details. I'm taking the vehicle back in to have a few things fixed that weren't done right when they put the vehicle back together, pleast take a look at these pictures of mine and assist if you can....

Here is a picture looking forward from the back seat under the driver's seat, with the floor mats removed. Should the carpet seam be visible like this? I've heard in 2013, they changed it so you didn't see this;

20130327_075208.jpg

Secondly, here is a picture of the passenger side outer kick panel to give you a frame of reference for the area of the car I'm referring;

2013-04-08090937.jpg

Is there a gap between the carpet and the kick panel on your 2013 Explorer or does the carpet meet right up to the panel? As you can see these pictures I'm able to fit my fingers underneath the panel/trim piece as the carpet does not come up flush to meat these pieces;

2013-04-08091100.jpg

2013-04-08091108.jpg

I would say a good 1-2" gap between my fingers and the carpet. I know these issues may seem petty to a few, but I want to make sure I have a complete list of what wasn't re-assembled correctly. Thanks in advance guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Carpet overlapped backwards. Should overlap other way so you don't see the white. Very hard to see seam when installed correctly plus covered by the floor mat. 2011 Limited. Do not know about gap.

Understand your angst with a new car...

I would go back in and be nice, but firm...
ask the gm what would you do if this were your wife's car ?

A good dealer can certainly take care of that....

As quite a few of you know my situation with my Ex Sport, I won't go into the granular details. I'm taking the vehicle back in to have a few things fixed that weren't done right when they put the vehicle back together...

Hi exilepa,

I know I've been in contact with you in the past; if you'd like me to create a new case escalation for you to get these new concerns addressed, I'd be happy to. Just send me a PM with your current mileage and I'll get to work.

Thanks!

Crystal

There are no gaps on my 2011 Limited. BTW, a set of Husky liners will cover that entire area where your finger is. The lip on them covers right up and over to the door sill and will help keep that part of the carpet a little cleaner.

Peter

NO! NO! NO! NO!, my panel is tighter than a Beaver's as.hole against the carpet, totally unacceptable!

There are NO carpet seams on my 2013 XLT. It appears the whole front and rear to the 3rd row seats is an all one piece drop in molded affair, and there are no gaps under plastic molding that I can see. Best regards Plum

Just checked my 2013 XLT 4WD, There are carpet seams under the first row, but yours definitely appear in backwards as the back is over the front in mine.

Also the trim is tight to the carpet in the other areas.

I agree. I believe your carpet seam is backwards. I have a seam in that location on my 13 Sport, but it is overlapping from the opposite direction.

My kick panel trim is very tight. Couldn't get a piece of paper between there.

Thanks for the help everyone! It's back at the dealer and they are working on correcting the issues.

No gaps on mine either.
And as has been said, overlap is backwards.

Sorry to hears of your ongoing problems

Back