Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey guys!
It has been a minute or so since I have posted or been on
I no longer drive an Explorer /:
I had a great time driving mine and I will definitely get another one for sure.
This site has saved me loads of cash, time, and has given me a laugh or two

I will certainly miss driving my explorer too!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck to you sir! :salute:

Do you walk now, or do you have a new ride?

I no longer drive an Explorer /:

I will certainly miss driving my explorer too!

Just for curiosity sake, what happened to your Explorer? Did you sell it or total it out in a crash or something else?

Currently driving the worst thing in the world
chevy 1500
i hate it
i hate chevy
i just hate it
the only thing on the dash that works is the check engine light and the tach
the thing doesnt need a key to start, not even a screwdriver... you just roll the ignition over and she fires up
it sounds like someone shot it with 12 gauge bird shot because of all the air leaks in it
the tailgate has to be held up by ratchet straps
the tires arent good on it
the only thing nice on this thing is the daggone wheels
17" chevy wheels look good
the speakers are blown
the seat cushion is so blown you sit 3 inches lower than you should
the center console doesnt open
i miss my explorer to death
shes not totaled, nothing like that, i would never sell it.. heres the story
the thing is my mom and i argued, the explorer is in her name and she came to demand her house key and garage door opener
so i gave her the car too, she might report it stolen and i dont want to be in trouble for that
im looking for a 93 or newer ranger with a 5 speed, 4wd optional, doesnt need to have it, i only have 1200 dollars though
will update in a month
happy exploring to all!

Currently driving the worst thing in the world
chevy 1500
i hate it

heres the story
the thing is my mom and i argued, the explorer is in her name and she came to demand her house key and garage door opener
so i gave her the car too,

im looking for a 93 or newer ranger with a 5 speed, 4wd optional, doesnt need to have it, i only have 1200 dollars though
!

Having a beat up Chevy 1500 wheels under your butt, is better than having no wheels or bicycle wheels under your butt right? Many of us drove roached out vehicles when we were your age due to lack of money for a nicer vehicle, but you make do with what you have.

You probably don't want to hear this, but when you live with your parents and they hold the title to your vehicle, you have to be on your best behavior around them. Give your mother a chance to cool down then maybe apologize to her for the argument and maybe she'll give you your Explorer back in time. Least you know where it is and it's in safe hands. Mothers Day is just around the corner, maybe do something nice for her, it wouldn't hurt the current situation. Moms tend to be forgiving.
You should consider yourself lucky that your parents put your vehicle in their name, which comes with cheaper insurance rates for you at your age had you gotten insurance yourself. My father wouldn't do that for me when I started driving nor did he ever help me pay for a vehicle. I bought my own vehicle with my own money I saved up from my grocery store job ( earned $2.30 per hr back then) and paid for my own insurance from age 17 on. Be grateful that your mother did that for you.

Good luck with the Ranger search and good luck getting your Explorer back.

Having a beat up Chevy 1500 wheels under your butt, is better than having no wheels or bicycle wheels under your butt right? Many of us drove roached out vehicles when we were your age due to lack of money for a nicer vehicle, but you make do with what you have.

You probably don't want to hear this, but when you live with your parents and they hold the title to your vehicle, you have to be on your best behavior around them. Give your mother a chance to cool down then maybe apologize to her for the argument and maybe she'll give you your Explorer back in time. Least you know where it is and it's in safe hands. Mothers Day is just around the corner, maybe do something nice for her, it wouldn't hurt the current situation. Moms tend to be forgiving.
You should consider yourself lucky that your parents put your vehicle in their name, which comes with cheaper insurance rates for you at your age had you gotten insurance yourself.
I appreciate having a beat chevy to move me around town, but i really took care of the explorer, respected it, took care of it... all that
now her boyfriend is driving it, the guy who caused her divorce, the guy who made her best friend run away from her, and now her oldest son
i hate the guy
hes just a lot of words I wish i could say
hope its worth it to her
i moved out

I appreciate having a beat chevy to move me around town, but i really took care of the explorer, respected it, took care of it... all that
now her boyfriend is driving it, the guy who caused her divorce, the guy who made her best friend run away from her, and now her oldest son
i hate the guy
hope its worth it to her
i moved out

Good for you! Eyes straight ahead, stay focused, forget the past. You'll make it just fine. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i hate the guy
hope its worth it to her
i moved out

Now that isn't right, your mothers new boyfriend driving your Explorer around, that's BS! :thumbdwn: I have absolutely no respect for people who cheat while in a relationship and the guy is a scum bag for messing around with a married woman. Sorry to hear about the family drama you are going through. Keep your chin up and good luck in finding a nicer vehicle.

but he's "such a great guy"
bs
1200 to find me a car
brakes on the chevy took a dump on me
no car for now, left to beg gf for rides
looking at a ranger wednesday for $1000
its a guy i work with who owns it, he said hes cutting a $1000 loss if he sells it to me, and he isnt looking to sell it, he wants it but he has 2 nice mustangs and 2 nice trucks to drive so the ranger is open for me to take
new exhaust
new brakes
2 good mud terrains on the rear
needs front tires
needs egr valve
needs stereo
needs a seat cover
and some loose wire ends connected again
he said she runs, the 5 speed is fine and the 4x4 needs a switch but it will work
i might pick it up as long as it doesnt smell like field mice and it isnt rusted all to hell
aswell on wednesday i have an interview with the Michigan Department of Transportation WOOO!
and I have a job offer in Orlando, FL for excavation work
18 year old just graduating this june might be relocating to florida for a 25$/hour 40 hour+overtime job!
will report wednesday
till then i will keep on truckin through this period of my life
wish me luck yall!

but he's "such a great guy"
bs
1200 to find me a car
brakes on the chevy took a dump on me
no car for now, left to beg gf for rides
looking at a ranger wednesday for $1000
its a guy i work with who owns it, he said hes cutting a $1000 loss if he sells it to me, and he isnt looking to sell it, he wants it but he has 2 nice mustangs and 2 nice trucks to drive so the ranger is open for me to take
new exhaust
new brakes
2 good mud terrains on the rear
needs front tires
needs egr valve
needs stereo
needs a seat cover
and some loose wire ends connected again
he said she runs, the 5 speed is fine and the 4x4 needs a switch but it will work
i might pick it up as long as it doesnt smell like field mice and it isnt rusted all to hell
aswell on wednesday i have an interview with the Michigan Department of Transportation WOOO!
18 year old just graduating this june might be relocating to florida for a 25$/hour 40 hour+overtime job!
will report wednesday
wish me luck yall!

If you get it I have the EGR from my ex that you can have if it'll bolt up. I'm in central FL, Tampa bay to be more specific. Hit me up if you make it down here.

Michigan is nice and all, but Florida has bikinis....

Michigan is nice and all, but Florida has bikinis....

They have bikinis in Michigan too, just fur lined, and not the fur you are thinking of. ;) That "fur" started to disappear :party: sometime in the early to mid 80's, followed by stock prices soaring for the "Gillette" company! :thumbsup: :D

on wednesday i have an interview with the Michigan Department of Transportation WOOO!
will report wednesday
wish me luck yall!

Good luck with the DOT interview and if you decide to move to Florida. The DOT job might eventually lead you to plowing snow on some Michigan highway and the Florida job, you won't see snow ever again.

okay well i had to come back earlier than planned, i said i would report wednesday.. its tuesday now
Mom texted me telling me I could buy my old Taurus from my stepdad, I respectfully declined.. I know that she gets half of the money from the sale, so she would be getting half of the $500 she owes me for my tires... nope
Other than that
Florida is 3 high rises in Orlando, excavation, $10/hour
I will go if my dad does (he is an electrician and who I reside with currently) just because it will cut our costs down and we can thrive off eachother instead of me bust it to get nothing, but it is garunteed and in florida where its warm
MDOT is $8/hour garunteed but the possibility of $10/hour and being a team leader
I already have a part time job here so mdot would be full time and I would carry out my part time aswell
Other than my dad keeping me here, I have been dating the same girl for 15 months
shes still a junior in highschool, I am a senior.. we can do the part from eachother, its just the fact that I would miss her!
I know its stupid to hold your life back for a girl, but I truly see marriage with her!

I greatly appreciate the support, opinions, advice, and ideas from you guys!
That is the reason I keep reporting, I couldnt thank you guys enough, it does mean a heck of a lot to put this stuff out here

659-8AABAAA276F1-4759-00000418D1FA74B3_zps0821f62c.jpg

1996 Ford Ranger
136,095 on the ODO
4.0l 5 speed 4wd
mud terrain tires all around
cleaner interior than the 02 explorer
$1000 cash

[1996 Ford Ranger
136,095 on the ODO
4.0l 5 speed 4wd
mud terrain tires all around
cleaner interior than the 02 explorer
$1000 cash

The body looks great for a 17 year old vehicle and for a $1000, you did good. You are mobile again. :thumbsup: Good luck with the Ranger!

The body looks great for a 17 year old vehicle and for a $1000, you did good. You are mobile again. :thumbsup: Good luck with the Ranger!

I'll second that, good find for $1000 beans. Enjoy the Ranger!

5EF-275236E02239-5519-000005209ADA09F7_zps3f8e4e0f.jpg

my 9 year old brother found it appropriate to ruin my picture
but here she is pullin out of the drive
and for any of you Moonshiner fans
745-31FDE73FD653-5519-00000520ADB5D55A_zpsedd25d5e.jpg

the kid is in my pc class
i gave him my hat to show that he looked like a star from the show
see the resemblence??
moonshiners-tickle.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

[
the kid is in my pc class
i gave him my hat to show that he looked like a star from the show
see the resemblence??
[/IMG][/URL]

No, I don't see much of a resemblance of your friend to "Tickle" from "Moonshiners", possibly because he isn't old enough to grow a beard yet! :p: Also, your buddy appears to be holding a coffee mug and Tickle is usually holding a can of beer and has half a load on. Your buddy isn't old enough to do that yet either. :)

Back