Painted my emblems. Tell me what you al think!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Painted my emblems. Tell me what you al think!!!

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT
I plasti dipped my emblems and I think it looks pretty good. For 6 bucks and only an only and hour of work its a pretty good little mod. Tell me what you think! :salute:
CFB-D1DF5D600F43-5588-0000036C948AC8F1_zpse3ba4a5c.jpg
787-7DBDC297EF8D-5588-0000036C990CD57C_zps3856ba41.jpg
496-F5B0C9CF260E-5588-0000036C9058F818_zps324bc8ef.jpg
C3E-663A5919AB61-5588-0000036C8A7626B9_zps10684b0c.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks really good...

Not bad at all.

Nice!

I like it a lot. I was going to do a fourth gen badge but since im going black wheels tinted tails, and a black brush guard this would probably look better. Mind telling me how its done?

I like it a lot. I was going to do a fourth gen badge but since im going black wheels tinted tails, and a black brush guard this would probably look better. Mind telling me how its done?

All I did was go to homedepo and picked up a 6 dollar can of Plasti Dip. Its a spray on rubber coating. Make sure you buy the spray in a spray paint can instead of the "Dip" that comes in a regular paint can. Then just take some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and just clean the surface really good. Then take newspaper and mask of a square around your emblem (you dont need to mask but it saves you alot of work). Then spray coats on one at a time. I did about 5. Make sure each layer you spray is thin to get the best results. Its better to have a lot of thin coats then a couple of thick sloppy ones. After letting each coat dry for about 15 to 20 mins. you can take your masking off and just peel the extra plasti dip off. Peel in slowly and it will cut its self out around the letters. The best part is if it looks like crap peel it off and start over Its pretty amazing stuff. If you have some splatter on your truck just take a microfiber cloth and rub it real good and it will come off. I am going to do my grill today if I have time.

here is a youtube link of some one doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtkVePX_0

hope this helped:thumbsup:

All I did was go to homedepo and picked up a 6 dollar can of Plasti Dip. Its a spray on rubber coating. Make sure you buy the spray in a spray paint can instead of the "Dip" that comes in a regular paint can. Then just take some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and just clean the surface really good. Then take newspaper and mask of a square around your emblem (you dont need to mask but it saves you alot of work). Then spray coats on one at a time. I did about 5. Make sure each layer you spray is thin to get the best results. Its better to have a lot of thin coats then a couple of thick sloppy ones. After letting each coat dry for about 15 to 20 mins. you can take your masking off and just peel the extra plasti dip off. Peel in slowly and it will cut its self out around the letters. The best part is if it looks like crap peel it off and start over Its pretty amazing stuff. If you have some splatter on your truck just take a microfiber cloth and rub it real good and it will come off. I am going to do my grill today if I have time.

here is a youtube link of some one doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtkVePX_0

hope this helped:thumbsup:

completely didnt think of the grill. good idea.

Here are the pics of the grill looks pretty good. Adds a good touch to the truck
This was the first coat
435-12A873BAEA9D-6249-000003F73D09DA5E_zpsbcf616f3.jpg

Here is the finished product. It got dark so I went to a parking garage around the corner to snap some pics.
F8C-706A31FDA293-6249-000003F745172BF6_zpsb86cc791.jpg

075-44B347E44BF5-6249-000003F74C8760FA_zps871c9c69.jpg

Looks good, but I woulda took the grill off just to avoid the possibility of overspray getting on the rest of the truck.

Looks good, but I woulda took the grill off just to avoid the possibility of overspray getting on the rest of the truck.

yea if I was using real spray paint then I would have taken it off but since it was plasti dip any over spray just rubs off with a cloth. It was a lot less work then taking the front end apart.

Ah, ok. Didn't realize you used plasti dip for the grill to

thats a great looking, very clean, nice looking explorer right there...

very nice truck.

:salute:

Thanks man! And yes it is a very clean truck. It just broke 100k

Back