• Register Today It's free!

Moog Ball Joint Part numbers

Alexdeluca

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer xlt
Me and my dad are tackling all of my ball joints at the start of next month and before i order anything I want to make sure I got the right parts. I am not trying to switch the design on the passenger side I just wantr to replace. Ive been searching but i cant seem to find a straight answer. Can someone let me know if i have the right parts.

MOOG Part # K8695T Problem Solver
Front Lower; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

MOOG Part # K8708T Incl. Bushings
Front Left Upper; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces; Incl. bushings

MOOG Part # K8710T Problem Solver
Front Right Upper; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces; part of 2 piece design arm with ball joint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me and my dad are tackling all of my ball joints at the start of next month and before i order anything I want to make sure I got the right parts. I am not trying to switch the design on the passenger side I just wantr to replace. Ive been searching but i cant seem to find a straight answer. Can someone let me know if i have the right parts.

MOOG Part # K8695T Problem Solver
Front Lower; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces

MOOG Part # K8708T Incl. Bushings
Front Left Upper; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces; Incl. bushings

MOOG Part # K8710T Problem Solver
Front Right Upper; Incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces; part of 2 piece design arm with ball joint

Yes those are the correct parts for your truck, assuming your control arm bushings and lower control arms are in good shape. if you haven't already done them, consider adding tie rod ends, sway bar end-links and bushings if needed and the Moog camber/caster adjustment bolt kits to aid in doing the wheel alignment.

Yes those are the correct parts for your truck, assuming your control arm bushings and lower control arms are in good shape. if you haven't already done them, consider adding tie rod ends, sway bar end-links and bushings if needed and the Moog camber/caster adjustment bolt kits to aid in doing the wheel alignment.

I had the shop take a look at everything and they said everything but the ball joints was fine. So im gonna try and save as much money as i can on this one.

Also One more question are these ball joints already greased or do i need to grease them?

you'll need to grease them after they're installed. be sure to point the grease relief openings in the boots away from your rotors when you install them.

yeah, i've started reading the instructions more often these days. the only thing worse than doing a job is having to do it twice.

Back