Lowering kit? which one lowers the most??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering kit? which one lowers the most???

anyone ever cut a coil off the GF ones??? id hate to waste 400 dollar springs... for that price might as well have a set of custom ones made...

They springs are tapered at each end, so cutting is not a great idea. I know people have done it to the stock springs, so it can be done. That would be quite a bit of drop, though! You can get the Ground Force 9926 springs for ~$275 online. If you are diligent and keep an eye on eBay you can get them for a lot less; I scored my set for $170 about two years ago. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anybody have pics of how the ground force springs drop look on an ex on 22s?

That would be an incredibly snug fit. Almost gauranteed rub issues on the front. With my stock wheels i cant stick three fingers between the top of the wheel and the fender.

Does anybody have pics of how the ground force springs drop look on an ex on 22s?

Ask and you shall receive
265/35 22x9.5 Voodo 407's No rubbing ever.
It had just rained and it's a phone pic but gives you a good idea.

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

Ask and you shall receive
265/35 22x10 Voodo 407's No rubbing ever.
It had just rained and it's a phone pic but gives you a good idea.

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

Thanks man looks amazing!

Whats the back spacing on those 22's? I am planning on running a 20x10 and was worried about rub upfront, so its nice to hear that even you dont have rub. I have to say those 22's still have a lot of rubber left on them, looks really good.

Whats the back spacing on those 22's? I am planning on running a 20x10 and was worried about rub upfront, so its nice to hear that even you dont have rub. I have to say those 22's still have a lot of rubber still left, looks really good.

Re-checked, they are a 9.5 and a 40mm offset.
Sorry for the mix-up.

Red82gt, do you have any issues with camber on your truck, does it chew out tires??

I also am interested in any camber issues

With my GF springs my local performance shop was able to adjust the alignment back into factory specs after they purchased some camber and other adjustment plates, It cost me almost $350 to get it aligned, but it was worth it in my opinion.

I finally got around to installing my Ground Force springs yesterday. I got 2" drop. My Ex has the 3rd row seat, the rear seems to sit a little higher then most I've seen, I was hoping the OEM spring where stiffer on the ones with the 3rd row but it still only dropped 2" so the rear still sits quite a bit higher than the front.

Also I am running factory rims with 275/60R17 tires so they are way wider than original and don't have any rub problems. It goes in for alignment tomorrow, it looks to have lots of adjustment left in the control arms so we'll see.

im a newbie but wanted to comment i have an 02 xlt 4x4 i lowered mine an 1.5 with eibach springs i also have 22s on her with .25"spacer on the rear i dont get no rubbin if i could figure how to post a pic i would

Back