Towing mirrors? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Towing mirrors?

Hello all,

Does anyone use towing mirrors our our 2ng gens? If so, what are you using (brand model)? Are the temporary or do you have them mounted full time?

Pics would be appreciated if you have them.

My mountaineer has power mirrors and I do not want to have to replace them with something else. If possible i am hoping for something I can just us when towing.

VERY OLD PIC:

4912571.jpg

Thanks,
Brian

Brian,

I have the mirrors I used on my mountaineer still. I had to make a small bracket that attached to the puddle light cover screw, not sure if I can locate them now but they can be easily made if not. Ill make you a heck of a deal on them if you are interested.

Brian,

I have the mirrors I used on my mountaineer still. I had to make a small bracket that attached to the puddle light cover screw, not sure if I can locate them now but they can be easily made if not. Ill make you a heck of a deal on them if you are interested.

Let me know if you find them. I am not in any rush. :thumbsup:

I am working on electrical and other stuff at the house for the travel trailer right now. New battery box, battery shut off switch, and battery tender are ordered. I will be putting in a 30 amp exterior box too once I get a full list of what I need.

It will be next month before I can order the weight distribution hitch, trailer brake controller, and 7 pin plug anyway....so mirrors are a non issue.

EDIT 1: The trailer is 7'-10" outside. It will be a bit hard to see around without towing mirrors of some sort. How hard are they to remove and install? I will just leave them in the trailer when not in use.

Back