• Register Today It's free!

iPhone 5 works great with MFT

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
I recently bought an iPhone 5. I was a little weary hearing some of the comments on here. Well, after 2 weeks I'm happy to report it is working with MFT better than my Android did.

Here is what works with 6.3.1
Caller ID: yes
Transfer to privacy: yes
Auto phone book download: yes
Call History: yes
Join calls: yes
SMS text: yes
Audio thru Bluetooth: yes
Photo ID: yes
Tethering: yes

What I'm impressed with is the Bluetooth streaming. Another cool thing is SIRI plays through MFT. As do all the ringtones and message alerts. Very impressed. I am so pleased with this vehicle. It's an awesome ride. MFT is working extremely better than in my 11 Ltd. So not only is it a faster engine. It's a faster MFT in my Sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think this also proves that some have a crappy APIM. Most people I speak with who use MFT or Lincoln don't have major problems. I have used MFT since Jan of 2011. I have noticed a remarkable improvement in it. I have had every one of the upgrades. I have no lag or hesitation as I had with my 2011 Ltd. it boots almost immediately when I start the engine and it is fast. I mean fast. Instantaneous on screen touch. I will take a video to back up my post.

I I have had every one of the upgrades. I have no lag or hesitation as I had with my 2011 Ltd. it boots almost immediately when I start the engine and it is fast. I mean fast. Instantaneous on screen touch.

My 2011 has always been like you just described, even with V2.4. Never had a single problem with MFT and has always been fast. I did however have major problems with a Samsung Galaxy Mini that my wife would pair to MFT. My Nokia Fold worked flawless while the Galaxy would never stay paired. She now has an Iphone5 and I have a Nokia Lumia 900 and they both work flawless with MFT. We could not be happier.

I recently bought an iPhone 5. I was a little weary hearing some of the comments on here. Well, after 2 weeks I'm happy to report it is working with MFT better than my Android did.

What I'm impressed with is the Bluetooth streaming. Another cool thing is SIRI plays through MFT. As do all the ringtones and message alerts. Very impressed. I am so pleased with this vehicle. It's an awesome ride. MFT is working extremely better than in my 11 Ltd. So not only is it a faster engine. It's a faster MFT in my Sport.

SMS Text -- MFT will read the message but you still cannot send a text through MFT

My android couldn't send texts either. It could in the earlier MFT versions. Not really a big deal anyway. I don't text while driving. If I stop I use my iPhone to text.

I don't text while driving either but wanted to be sure no one got the impression that sending texts did work with iPhones :)

Oh I think everyone knows the difference. Are there any phones that work using the junk canned messages. SIRI does my sending now

iOS v6.3.1?

Is there new iOS out?

I have v6.1.3

No. That's the latest. Not sure why you are having difficulty. Mine works great. We both have latest updates.

Delete phone from MFT
Get rid of sync on your phone
Turn off wifi setting on phone
Repair phone
Go to Bluetooth setting on phone and go to sync. This will open up another page. Make make sure messaging is on.

You've tried all this and still nothing?

I will try that routine again......Im going to shut off the auto phone book download like was suggested by the senior tech at IVT.

It seems like the auto download might be causing the Bluetooth handshake to get disrupted sometimes and thats why I get a BT connection for phone but not for MAP or streaming.

I have the latest MFT and an iPhone 5 with 6.1.3. I don't get Photo ID on MFT. Did you do something in particular to enable that? This is the first post I've seen suggesting that this works on the iPhone.

Hope it works for you

I followed your instructions and so far so good.

I also don't get contact photos coming across either, I thought it was a very select few smartphones that pushed that over.

Weird though, I did a 30 minutes battery disconnect and I lost nothing, same presets, same everything still in the MFT system.

Broken Strut can you take a pic of the contact photo showing on your MFT screen?

Broken Strut can you take a pic of the contact photo showing on your MFT screen?

My bad. Doesn't work. For some reason I thought it did. I suffer from CRAFT disease. Can't Remember Am F'n Thing.

My bad. Doesn't work. For some reason I thought it did. I suffer from CRAFT disease. Can't Remember Am F'n Thing.

I suffer from the same thing.....now that you have a name for it Im going to try and sell that to the wife as a medical condition.

I suffer from the same thing.....now that you have a name for it Im going to try and sell that to the wife as a medical condition.

It's also known as CRS -- can't remember stuff :)

iOS 6.1.4 is out today ONLY for iPhone5, minor audio improvements and bug fixes.

iOS7 supposedly here in September

Lets hope MFT is compatible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did the little update. Still works great. Like you said just an audio update.

Back