Truck is sagging 2 inches on drivers side | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck is sagging 2 inches on drivers side

uncle mike

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 AWD XLT
Several years ago I did the Warrior shackles, add a leaf, T.T and a 3 inch body lift. About a month ago I notice my the front of my truck seems to be sagging on the drivers side. I measured and found it to be 2 inches lower on the drivers side since. That is how high I went with the T.T. so I went under the truck and checked and the bolt is still all the way in, which is where in ended up after the T.T. Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never heard of a weak torsion bar dropping 2 inches.
If it slipped or broke you would definitely feel and hear it.

Just to be clear the front and back of my truck are both two inches lower on the drivers side. Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

Most likely weak leaf springs. Search "Ranger Lean", numerous posts. GL

Weight from the gas tank putting strain on the suspension maybe take the torsion bolt out and replace w a longer one see if it'll at least raise the front cold be shot and the added stress could have snapped the original torsion bolt causing your leafs to flatten out

Weight from the gas tank putting strain on the suspension maybe take the torsion bolt out and replace w a longer one see if it'll at least raise the front cold be shot and the added stress could have snapped the original torsion bolt causing your leafs to flatten out
Misleading. Adjusting torsion bolts will have minimal effect to level a 2" drivers side lean. TT is probably maxed already.

Back