TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Just got a text reply from Erica-has not been at work since Wednesday, but headers were set out to ship on Thursday. She assumes they have shipped. No FedEx number given to follow up.

Not being judgemental, just reporting information as I receive it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang, guess since I just found this forum and thread (heck, I just bought the Explorer), I'm stuck paying full price! lol

Egr?

Erica asked me about the EGR bit. I have a '96 would this be an internal or external? Is there an easy way to tell (I'm a non-mechanical guy and will have a local shop install the headers.

You have an internal egr. Unless you have the engine swapped from a later model year. Easiest way to check is to look at your passenger side manifold. If there is a tube coming off the top of it on the rear part, that indicates external egr. No tube, internal.

Erica asked me about the EGR bit. I have a '96 would this be an internal or external? Is there an easy way to tell (I'm a non-mechanical guy and will have a local shop install the headers.

i have texted her every day for like 6 days straight with no reply... business days only and during business hours.. maybe i need to text her at home

Still awaiting shipment that was rumored to leave California last Thursday. Still no FedEx number to work with and no communication from Erica or Al's Headers..

How come she just can't be honest and just tell us when they really will be done? She told me that fedex was going to pick them up last Tuesday to ship them out..clearly they didn't..

yeah i have heard last tuesday, then last thursday cus the coating place was taking a little bit longer, then she texted me saying last friday they were being shipped... its a little pathetic that they cant be honest and just give a date that they will actually be done. #quitplayinggames

they just better be here before the summer haha, windows down listening to that 5.0 :cool:

you guys want me to go cruise by again and find out what the hell they are smokin.

I'd say it's too many fumes from the welding, but I'm not sure if they're welding enough for that. :rolleyes:

If you can cruise by and give any kind of an update it would be good. I sort of expect to see the doors and windows shuddered and the place cleaned out.... There is currently no way to communicate with them at this point.

Ok. So as much as they have been trippin I am keepin whatever they are smoking for my self cause it must be some goooood ****!

I don't expect them to be shuttered and closed up just like last time when everybody was thinking Al disappeared he was over there stretching himself too thin. He is making the headers I know that for sure. I will try and stop by and find out what the progress is on it though cause yeah they really need to just be very clear on how many are done how many are at the coater and so on.

Erica texts me back every time within about an hour of me asking her a question. She even text me out of the blue that I could go pick up a set next week at the shop since I am local. I told her I would much rather wait my turn in line and let the other guys get theirs who have been waiting longer. I then asked her if at least the first set of guys got their headers yet and she said no that they had the last 25 sets at the JET coater. Well all I can say is it sounds like they are waiting till they have all 50 sets ready before they start to ship them out(I am not saying that make much sense). But all I can think is this large order has overwhelmed them and maybe they aren't organized enough to ship as the headers are ready (their probably afraid of send one of us 2 sets or not charging for the second half of the deposit) either they have 25 sets ready just sitting their and they are waiting for the second half to be done or they have all of them at the jet coater and are waiting before the second run is done before picking them up. I hope that damn coater has a big ass oven to work on a lot of pieces at once.

Thanks for the feedback bro. I guess I will just put these out of my mind and be pleasantly surprised when they show up. Really did not mind waiting as long as I have, just would have expected Al's to shoot straight with information about ship dates.

Jet Hot does the coating. Its also not powdercoating, its ceramic coating. Much more difficult, time consuming, and expensive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This doesn't make any sense. 50*650 is only $32,500. Spread that over 5 months and that's only an increase of 10 headers / $3250 per month. I really doubt that would create a month plus of back order. I think this is business as usual for his shop. A severe lack of communication makes me really doubt it's the powder coating company to blame. Even if the company did one set per day they all should have been shipped by now.

http://www.jet-hot.com/

PRICING INFORMATION
Many of our commercial customers enjoy volume discounts. They trust us with thousands of parts, and we are delighted to help them realize the numerous cost benefits of working with Jet-Hot.
TURNAROUND TIME
Typical turnaround on an aftermarket part is three to five days. Factor in your shipping time to and from the plant, and you’ve got your turnaround.

Sounds to me like the shop making the headers is taking their sweet time and waiting for them all to get done before shipping them to jet-hot to save as much money as possible. Expect another 2-3 weeks at least.

Back