Difference between 07 and 08 center console? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Difference between 07 and 08 center console?

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer EB
I am looking at purchasing a center console vault (safe) for my 07 explorer EB. The company told me the vault will only fit 08-10 center console with sync. I look at the parts diagrams and pics and do not see a difference. I was wondering if anyone knew first hand if there is a difference or not?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did the 07 have sync?

Is that the difference maybe?

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

I am looking at purchasing a center console vault (safe) for my 07 explorer EB. The company told me the vault will only fit 08-10 center console with sync. I look at the parts diagrams and pics and do not see a difference. I was wondering if anyone knew first hand if there is a difference or not?

I am with you, the basic 6 disk CD changer used from 06-07 takes up the same space as the sync head unit used from 08-10. Maybe the guys over in the audio section have a good explanation.

I believe sync adds some of the connectors inside the center console which would slightly change the shape.

Back