01STrunner

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
Like the title says I'm having problems mounting my driveshaft to my D44. The transmission crossmember is being a real PITA and blocking the shaft from going to the front axle. Does anyone know of any other SAS projects off the top of their head where this was taken care of. I've been sifting through projects all morning and couldn't find any.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Right now the plan is to cut the crossmember just to the drivers side of the transmission and using either 1.5 or 2" tube do a double bend up over the driveshaft and mount to the top of the frame rail instead of the current setup that goes under the shaft and moutns to the bottom of the frame rails.

Sorry have no idea but would like to see pics of your problem and the fix so I can see it as I am thinking of a SAS

I did not have to modify my tranny x member. But I have seen alot of people who just built a new one with DOM, looks pretty simple to build.

I'm not to that stage yet but I'll probably be building a custom crossmember as well as raising the gas tank (plastic with no skid plate) and making a partial under belly skid for the serious terrain we have in Pa. Chad, glad to hear from ya, been awhile.

Chad, you modified your superlift front driveshaft right? How did that clear the x member?

Back