• Register Today It's free!

3rd Gen Lift

Aluminum

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Okay, so I did the 1.5" Body lift and I wanted to couple that with some form of suspension lift. I only want about 1" - 1.5" of lift. I know BTF spacer smallest are 1.25 which would net about 1.85" of lift. I have 265's and I'm afraid if I go too big the 265's will look too small. My only other option seems to be Quick Lifts, which are out of my price range at $800! Are those really the only 2 options I have.? I really dont want to get something to big then have to get 255/75/17's or 33's to make it look right. And I want to have a little more ground clearance and travel which is why I opted out on the 3" body lift. Anyone have any suggestions.?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well one thing you do get with the quicklifts is greatly increased travel on the front struts and a little more in the rear. Downside is the springs do eventually settle enough that you lose the lift. But yeah they are pretty expensive.

Just for comparison, here's a pic of my last truck with a 1.5" BL and 1.75/1.5 BTF spacers on the OEM struts. IMO I don't think the setup makes the tires look small. If you wanted it to be a little lower you could do 1.5/1.25. Downside is you do lose a bit of travel due to the spindles getting hung up on the springs but you'll get that even with 1.25" spacers and BTF arms.

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

Well one thing you do get with the quicklifts is greatly increased travel on the front struts and a little more in the rear. Downside is the springs do eventually settle enough that you lose the lift. But yeah they are pretty expensive.

Just for comparison, here's a pic of my last truck with a 1.5" BL and 1.75/1.5 BTF spacers on the OEM struts. IMO I don't think the setup makes the tires look small. If you wanted it to be a little lower you could do 1.5/1.25. Downside is you do lose a bit of travel due to the spindles getting hung up on the springs but you'll get that even with 1.25" spacers and BTF arms.

This is what I was thinking it looks perfect in my opinion, but my tires are 31's and yours are 32's which may make a difference and make mine look to small. But I'll probably go for the 1.5" / 1.25" and hope it turns out good.

This is what I was thinking it looks perfect in my opinion, but my tires are 31's and yours are 32's which may make a difference and make mine look to small. But I'll probably go for the 1.5" / 1.25" and hope it turns out good.

Just a little under 32" (about 31.75") but yeah pretty close. I think you'd be fine with 1.5/1.25

Just a little under 32" (about 31.75") but yeah pretty close. I think you'd be fine with 1.5/1.25

Yeah I think I'll be fine, and when its time to get tires I'll maybe get 255/75's. Now what I'm worried about is the post below about it not aligning right. Is that true!?

Yeah I think I'll be fine, and when its time to get tires I'll maybe get 255/75's. Now what I'm worried about is the post below about it not aligning right. Is that true!?

I had stock ucas at first with those spacers and it was able to be aligned. Bigger spacers can make it harder to align. Btf uppers help with the camber because they are slightly longer. I think I remember Brandon saying they had some exta caster built in too but I am not sure.

I had stock ucas at first with those spacers and it was able to be aligned. Bigger spacers can make it harder to align. Btf uppers help with the camber because they are slightly longer. I think I remember Brandon saying they had some exta caster built in too but I am not sure.

Alright thanks for all your help Ronin:thumbsup: . I hope the wait on the spacers wont be too long and to have them on by the end of next month.

Back