• Register Today It's free!

i know i said not breaking

chrisquelch

Reaction score
City, State
fareham hants
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 northface
i know i said i was not breaking any more explorers BUT its a white 1999 and all parts are for sale. so never say never.
cheers chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lets have some pictures ;)

I could be tempted:

* does it have side steps?
* rear calipers (pair) - don't have to be working and don't need the pads either as I'd be after them as core replacements.
* front driveshafts (both) - are the boots and gaiters all good? Rust free?
* what's the exhaust like on it? Is it stock or stainless?
* rear glass hatch gas struts - are they any good? Mine are weak.

My annual US trip is due (August!) and instead of stripping bits from my Ex. and leaving it incomplete I'd much prefer to buy parts, take with me and save on core charge.

Wish you were closer mate :D

Have also mentioned this thread to Forum Member MickeySpears as he was after rear UK fog lights.

Front fog lights/lenses?

hi there im looking for a replacment gearbox with touque converter but depends on the mile's of the truck could you give me any prices inc/ delivery to LN5 9NX
many Thanks Darren

unfortunatly i bought one of a 1998 explorer that was being broken it had 70k on the clock but the pre 98 model went to fit only to find it was not the same, so gutted, so if any one is looking for a pre 1998 gearbox and tourque converter i have one for sale

hi there im looking for a replacment gearbox with touque converter but depends on the mile's of the truck could you give me any prices inc/ delivery to LN5 9NX
many Thanks Darren

unfortunatly i bought one of a 1998 explorer that was being broken it had 70k on the clock but the pre 98 model went to fit only to find it was not the same, so gutted, so if any one is looking for a pre 1998 gearbox and tourque converter i have one for sale

Hi Daz
the box is essentially the same but with an extra speed sensor that is on the rear axle on the later models. You can use it and and leave the extra sensor unplugged.

gearbox

hi the box on this explorer has a flare up on gear changes. but as jan said you can use the one you have.
cheers chris

Hey ChrisQ, any news on the rear calipers Buddy? Please let me know!

I'm hoping they are in pretty bad order/not working because they'll be cheap right ;o)

hi the calipers went with the axle. i have some rear fog lights to send to you for delivery to usa.
cheers chris

Look forward to receiving the parcel ;0)

However, if you haven't yet posted it out, could I PLEASE be cheeky and ask if you could toss in a working spare tail light stop/brake bulb please? I have one blown (N/S/R) and the truck is due an MOT shortly :p

are there any other parts you are after that i may have.
cheers chris

Just the following come to mind:

* How are the CATs on this thing? I have a blow on my nearside CAT where it joins the exhaust section (the one that sits vertical) and I was thinking of replacing the CAT.

* This wouldn't have a fancy SS exhaust system now would it?

* Both drive shafts - was going to buy new, but if these are good then I would be swayed.

* Rear calipers - if you come across a pair (non-working the better) can I please have first dibs!

Sadly I know P+P isn't going to be cheap, so that might count against my plans...but its nice to know prices.

Many thanks...

hi chris, does it have the old style roof rails? im after a end cap and runner mount for the rack, its a small runner inside the rail shiney silver looking thing, and the rear glass hatch bump stops, tiny rubbers on the boot? cheers

hi steve
i just have the rear glass bump stops at the moment but may have a black explorer next week.
cheers chris

cheers chris, when you do then you can send the whole lot thanks again

Hi Chris. I don't suppose it has the recall cruise control harness thing does it? I still haven't found one :(

also a center cap from the tear drop alloy thats the square shape cheers

Chris, I got the foglights for Mickey today.

I havent opened the box yet as I'm waiting to see if Mickey wants the unboxing in real time over FaceTime (or not).

Many thanks for sending them to me...

just a up date most of the white explorer parts have now been sold or are on ebay. i now have a 2000 black north face for parts .
please pm me if you want parts as i didnt intend this post to become a add for parts just to let you know i am still breaking explorers after saying i had stopped .there is a post in uk parts for sale and wanted
cheers chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back