Frnt. pre-runner/winch for your 3rd gen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Frnt. pre-runner/winch for your 3rd gen

taburch

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT Sport 4x4
I am trying to work with a company Brave Motorsports here in Houston, TX to make a hybrid pre-runner bumper with winch mount for my 2005 Explorer. He has no problem trying to produce one but he says it is going to be pricey if he just builds one for me, he said that if I find 3-5 other people that would purchase them would be more cost effective for him and cheaper for me. So I informed him I would look in the forum for other buyers. Let me know if you are Interested I also have the wives 06 the I can see if it looks good on. Here is the pic I sent to him to give him an idea ror looks.

578727_10102693258939384_9354904_91551764_1617733277_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks pretty sweet!

If you could fab some shields to block the body gap, that would clean the look up quite a bit.

Cost??

Seems a bit pricey even if it is only one off...

could you take some close ups of the welds on the tubing?

The image is just one i found on this site. so i dont actually have this bumper it was just to kind of give an idea.

Too much for me....

Seems a bit pricey even if it is only one off...

I was thinking the same but then again its a start from scratch project, so I can see the price being higher for the R&D (time & effort) as well as the material.

its just this pricey do to starting from scratch, if you can find cheaper let me know.

I'm not actually in the market for one. I have a brush guard and I like it a lot. Something like this would have to be in the $350-$400 range for me to even consider it. I would have to get new fog lights mounted and do all kinds of other work up front.

These guards are always pricey it seems.

I'm sure it would be fine if it was designed for the Explorer. Smittybilt's site says it's for Jeep Wranglers.

Any kind of custom winch bumper or guard for these trucks is going to be $800-$1200 unless you build it yourself or have a fabricator friend.

Brandon from btf quoted me way less for this type of bumper and I ended up having a friend help me build mine. Mine is "scratch built" or one off but it is not rocket science and people build them all the time out here on the west coast.

Brandon from btf quoted me way less for this type of bumper and I ended up having a friend help me build mine. Mine is "scratch built" or one off but it is not rocket science and people build them all the time out here on the west coast.

You have any pics

I will have to contact BTF and see what they tell me. I don't have the means nor the welding knowledge to build one and I am not on the west coast.

SUL73NAZ do you have pictures of your bumper? Weight? A friend of mine has an off-road fabrication business, and owes me some trade work. My only problem with him is he thinks I'm stupid for wanting to do things like this to an Explorer. Lol because it's not a Jeep Cherokee. His is really trick, but mine has a full frame. Lol

I emailed Brandon and he told me I would have to bring the truck in and since I live in Texas that won't work for me.

You have any pics

I will have to contact BTF and see what they tell me. I don't have the means nor the welding knowledge to build one and I am not on the west coast.

photobucket-36975-1369156240076_zps226d1070.jpg

photobucket-59025-1366221330543_zpse4c72f0e.jpg

photobucket-37696-1366491565938_zpsc9eca89a.jpg

It's not a "winch" bumper but is a prerunner/tube style bumper. I just wanted you to get a quote from Brandon who has a reputable fab shop for you to see how much it costs to get done in comparison to someone who doesn't do this everyday. The "one off" thing shouldn't be a big deal/challenge for a knowledgeable fabricator.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

photobucket-36975-1369156240076_zps226d1070.jpg

photobucket-59025-1366221330543_zpse4c72f0e.jpg

photobucket-37696-1366491565938_zpsc9eca89a.jpg

It's not a "winch" bumper but is a prerunner/tube style bumper. I just wanted you to get a quote from Brandon who has a reputable fab shop for you to see how much it costs to get done in comparison to someone who doesn't do this everyday. The "one off" thing shouldn't be a big deal/challenge for a knowledgeable fabricator.

Looks pretty good the guy that I am trying is very reputable in the houston area but his main focus is on rock crawler rigs and other offroad fabrications

Back