Tires need help

Explorer0693

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Explorer XLT
I'm getting new tires because I just finished putting my leveling kit in. I'm looking at Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 265-75-16 is this a great tire? And will it give my explorer some more lift and a great mean look to it?:exporange:exporange:exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm getting new tires because I just finished putting my leveling kit in. I'm looking at Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 265-75-16 is this a great tire? And will it give my explorer some more lift and a great mean look to it?:exporange:exporange:exporange

I have 265/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM's on my 3rd gen. The tread pattern and sidewalls have a semi mean look. They're not Nobby MT's by any means. If your planing on going offroad I would look for another tire. Because they dont preform that good. If your going offroad I would go with General Grabber AT2's they have a more agressive look in my opinion, and alot of people use them offroad so I'm sure they do good. They're slightly more.

Heres my truck with the Hankooks
IMAG0177_zpsd29d6831.jpg

IMAG0187_zps0cdfaa9e.jpg

yeah i just put a traxda lift on my 4th gen ex and im trying to get like the biggest tire i can get to fit. im looking to go a little bit offroading but nothing crazy just something to hav a little fun

yeah i just put a traxda lift on my 4th gen ex and im trying to get like the biggest tire i can get to fit. im looking to go a little bit offroading but nothing crazy just something to hav a little fun

They would probably do fine like down dirt trails and climbing moderate hills but in mud they're terrible they dont clear out and just cake up with mud here's a pic of them after getting burried up to my frame in mud they just do not clear out at all and you have no traction! Other then that they do good on wet roads and in snow. Just cant handle mud lol

IMAG0159_zpse89d9128.jpg

I just bought some 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs, load range C, and I love them. They are super quiet so far and do really good offroad. They are almost either a real aggressive all terrain or a mild mud terrain. They are very well mannered for how mean they look. If you get them by the 31st there is a 60$ rebate too.

I just bought some 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs, load range C, and I love them. They are super quiet so far and do really good offroad. They are almost either a real aggressive all terrain or a mild mud terrain. They are very well mannered for how mean they look. If you get them by the 31st there is a 60$ rebate too.

Lol you just reminded me of this option. Explorer0693 you can get tires from Treadwright, everyone who has them loves them, I'm actually getting a set soon heres a link. https://www.treadwright.com/

By the way, the Explorer looks great with the Truxxx lift:thumbsup:

would you say the hankook are good first tires like to start with? and would u think it'll fill up that gap and bring the ex up little more to give it a meaner look?

would you say the hankook are good first tires like to start with? and would u think it'll fill up that gap and bring the ex up little more to give it a meaner look?

It'll fill up the gap yes, I think a 32" tire would fit perfectly. And yes it'll give it a meaner look. But if i were to go back when I got my tires knowing what I know now I would have got the treadwrights. Plus I think they're a little cheaper.

EDIT: I found a picture of an Explorer with 32" Tires and the TRUXXX Lift
32514294015_large.jpg

I went with the hankook dyna pro MT instead there awesome thick deep tread

I have the Hankook AT 265 75 16 with stock height.

IMAG0231-1_zps72beb85f.jpg

IMAG0241-1_zps0dc2891f.jpg

IMAG0236-1_zps8af2bdf3.jpg

I really with I went with the 285

Well there's so much tread on the tires I bought so deep it's not to bad it's the MT

It'll fill up the gap yes, I think a 32" tire would fit perfectly. And yes it'll give it a meaner look. But if i were to go back when I got my tires knowing what I know now I would have got the treadwrights. Plus I think they're a little cheaper.

EDIT: I found a picture of an Explorer with 32" Tires and the TRUXXX Lift
32514294015_large.jpg

That's my truck!!!!! 32" guard dogs. They were good. Almost shot at about 2.5 years. But I also drive it like a car than a lifted truck so I know I put more wear on them. . .

That's my truck!!!!! 32" guard dogs. They were good. Almost shot at about 2.5 years. But I also drive it like a car than a lifted truck so I know I put more wear on them. . .

Found this old post; i just got my tires from treadwright and are same as yours! did you have issues mounting and balancing?

yea the big issue is that the tires were not round? The tire was round but when they put the tread on the tread was "wobbly" like moving side to side. This caused them to use 8oz per tire. But i never noticed it on or off road.

Back