• Register Today It's free!

Sencheezy's Explorer

The SuphiX

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Eddie Baurer
Hey guys, just wanted to show some of the mods I've made to my explorer. Hope you guys like.

I haven't posted my eX in a while, here are a few pictures.

cheezy3_zps76ada267.jpg

cheezy8_zps2d02f960.jpg

cheezy20_zpse1e895d1.jpg

IMAG0259_zpsb2a6e191.jpg

IMAG0260_zpsedd07936.jpg

IMAG0261_zps35c7b462.jpg

And here are a few videos.

Here is what's inside.

1 18" SSA Evil
1 Crescendo Audio BC5500
Box 12.12 cuft gross, 8.3 Net, 128cuin port, 1" MDF
1 Leviathan III
4 Seas Prestige 7" midrange
2 Image Dynamics Ultra Mini Horn
Stock 130amp Alt
2 Sears Platinum, 1 Intimindator Deka
10 piece LEDUnderGlow
Pioneer 4300DVD
2007 Ford Explorer Iron Man

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you guys have any questions I'd be more than willing to answer them. Also, any comments are welcomed too! haha. 88 views and not a peep :/

I'm not so sure about the smoked headlight covers but on the whole I like it. You need a bigger sub though. Lol

How did you smoke out the headlight?

WHAT???? IM STILL DEAF FROM THE VIDEO. Good job on the audio. I especially like the bag demo. What impresses me the most is your power management. I'd think a setup like that would suck a battery dry.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

WHAT???? IM STILL DEAF FROM THE VIDEO. Good job on the audio. I especially like the bag demo. What impresses me the most is your power management. I'd think a setup like that would suck a battery dry.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

hahaha! Thank you sir for the kind words. My voltage is actually really good for all the power I am using.

what mesh did you use for the grille? I like the look of the outside, looks hard as nails!!

Si

I would say something, but I don't think you want to hear what I have to say. :D

what mesh did you use for the grille? I like the look of the outside, looks hard as nails!!

Si

Just the one off of ebay. I just plastic dip'd over it. Thanks a lot bro!

Ok. :D

I think blacking out the headlights is dumb. Not only does it reduce visibility both ways, but it looks cheap. The wheels look better stock. The audio setup is just ridiculous. I'll never understand going for the loudest thing possible that just ends up signaling everything that's loose on the car. And there goes all your space to carry anything. I find the blue LED lights to look silly. Of course I really like the Ironman stock so it's hard for me to see one like this. That being said I'm just glad you didn't put ridiculously huge chrome wheels on it.

So take it how you will. I know me saying all this isn't going to make you happy, but these are just one guy's thoughts. :D

Willied so angry! Lol jk. Think itspretty cool man to each there own but hey lift it lol

Ok. :D

I think blacking out the headlights is dumb. Not only does it reduce visibility both ways, but it looks cheap. The wheels look better stock. The audio setup is just ridiculous. I'll never understand going for the loudest thing possible that just ends up signaling everything that's loose on the car. And there goes all your space to carry anything. I find the blue LED lights to look silly. Of course I really like the Ironman stock so it's hard for me to see one like this. That being said I'm just glad you didn't put ridiculously huge chrome wheels on it.

So take it how you will. I know me saying all this isn't going to make you happy, but these are just one guy's thoughts. :D

Haha no worries man, this does not make me upset at all. I know A LOT of people are not very fond of my vehicle, and that's ok, we all have our own taste. I'm a open minded person, that's why I asked for your opinion, as often times I hear people say my vehicle is ugly or stupid, or something to that effect, but with no other supporting comments outside of that.

Blacking out the headlights was not a very functional idea, I realized this immediately, luckily I installed 55w HIDs which did help a lot. This is not a danger to others because even still, it is very easy to see me, the underglow lights only aid to this. I'm not a fan of the chrome or big flashly lights, but I did not want to stick to the stock level either, which explains the blackening. It fits more of my personality. Which is a low key, down to earth person that isn't trying to say, "hey look at me". The reason for me painting them black, is essentially the same reason you want to paint your grille, and upgrade your door speakers and Head Unit. Because something was not to "your" liking, so you wanted to change that something, "to" your liking. We both like soda just different flavors.

I understand my audio system is a bit on the extreme side, but we all spend our money that is on the extreme side. If I was a mechanic, I would spend a fortune on tools, if I enjoyed Buggies (Go karts), Rc Cars, Computers, I would spend lots of resources on parts, labor, and research. Even though we all have our own taste in interests, each comes to its cost right? Which is governed by what's going on in our lives at that time. For me, being single with no children, I can afford to sacrifice cargo space with no compromise.

Willied so angry! Lol jk. Think itspretty cool man to each there own but hey lift it lol

Haha thanks man. I would love to lift it. But after a little research here, I don't want to deal with any of the extra strain/stress I may add to the other parts. I would like to do it right the first time. I plan on adding more weight, so I guess I just need to do more research on the other parts such as the axles, bearings, etc.

Haha no worries man, this does not make me upset at all. I know A LOT of people are not very fond of my vehicle, and that's ok, we all have our own taste. I'm a open minded person, that's why I asked for your opinion, as often times I hear people say my vehicle is ugly or stupid, or something to that effect, but with no other supporting comments outside of that.

Blacking out the headlights was not a very functional idea, I realized this immediately, luckily I installed 55w HIDs which did help a lot. This is not a danger to others because even still, it is very easy to see me, the underglow lights only aid to this. I'm not a fan of the chrome or big flashly lights, but I did not want to stick to the stock level either, which explains the blackening. It fits more of my personality. Which is a low key, down to earth person that isn't trying to say, "hey look at me". The reason for me painting them black, is essentially the same reason you want to paint your grille, and upgrade your door speakers and Head Unit. Because something was not to "your" liking, so you wanted to change that something, "to" your liking. We both like soda just different flavors.

I understand my audio system is a bit on the extreme side, but we all spend our money that is on the extreme side. If I was a mechanic, I would spend a fortune on tools, if I enjoyed Buggies (Go karts), Rc Cars, Computers, I would spend lots of resources on parts, labor, and research. Even though we all have our own taste in interests, each comes to its cost right? Which is governed by what's going on in our lives at that time. For me, being single with no children, I can afford to sacrifice cargo space with no compromise.

I hear what you're saying. I should just be glad that you're into your car and you enjoy modifying it. :D :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah im going to get some larger tires under mine then do the upper control arms with the 0 dagree ball joints after seeing what harsh angle they are at after intalling the lift also going to black out the grille and the fender flares and wheels id like to put the iron man headlights on it then get a light bar for the roof. I wish i had a silver or black X so blacking stuff out looked better lol

Back