Definitive Cars - 13' Sport Project Build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Definitive Cars - 13' Sport Project Build

The back of the car is SOOO dirty these days with the rain. If I get the car washed this week and have time to snap some pics before I go to CES Thursday. I will post.

D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The back of the car is SOOO dirty these days with the rain. If I get the car washed this week and have time to snap some pics before I go to CES Thursday. I will post.

D

Still dirty? Cheers mate!

This is what I got for you for now...

-DBF2-4E0A-A203-719EE62E8321-9285-0000051FE8AA7944.jpg

Car was still dirty last weekend. Washed now, but its dark by the time I get home. I will probably take some real good ones next weekend after in install the sharkfin and finish tinting my lights.

D

That looks pretty sharp! (I am used to seeing past the dirt--have to with my car)

He he he! thanks difinitive, need to bump you a bit coz im planning to do my tails tomorrow. what did you use for the reverse tint? is it nite shades or smoked vinyl? Thanks again for the pics. appreciate it :)

trying to find the seller on eBay for those Ford badges...to no avail.

Do you have a direct link?

Loving the LED interior lights so far!!! They are awesome. Cant wait to finish the rest of the lighting.

D

Have you done the visor mirror lamps yet ?
I pulled the mirror to get to the socket but can figure out how to pull the bulb. Seems more stubborn than any of the others.
Any tips ?

I have not done the visors. I read that they are way too bright for right in your face...

Thanks I have heard that too.
How about the 3rd row cargo lamp ?
De-solder and re-soldering with resistor still the most viable approach ?

I did what the one guy showed on the forum. Shave the LED down to the copper leads. Solder the leads of the new LED bulb to the copper leads on the electrical board. Done...

Did you use slim balasts? What size bulbs are the headlights and fog lights? How are the Kensun vs. DDM Tuning vs. others? Are the Kensuns digital AC?

I am looking for those overlays myself. I cannot seem to locate the seller on Ebay. Anyone have idea where else to get the blacked out overlays?

Is that a 35% tail light tinted?

Really diggin these overlays. I actually have the DMB one's on but they aren't black enough for me. Is this overlay screwed on or stick?

Black Overlays

Really diggin these overlays. I actually have the DMB one's on but they aren't black enough for me. Is this overlay screwed on or stick?
They are adhesive back AND they dont cover all the way to the body so you need to gloss black tape the exposed 3/16" or so if you want full black.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back