Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 80 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

What size are the skyfab shackles?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you find this stuff I can't find it on the internet.

Shackles are 6 1/2" L x 2" W x1/4" thick with 4 1/2" eyelet to eyelet.

V10, Sky Manufacturing and RuffStuff Specialties. There's hundreds of other companies out there that do offroad fab parts ass well. The leafsprings in the pictures are Rancho 44044 lift springs that I got off CL from a fellow offroader and the H1 Hummer wheels and tires from his buddy.

Cant wait to see this build rebel :popcorn:

Well got the tires mounted and I love them! Duratracs are a great tire. No wonder so many people on here have them.

Its nice having tires that grip. No more getting a running start at a hill and keeping my fingers crossed that my tires dont start spinning :D

Gonna work more on the air system tomorrow. I am going back and forth on how its all gonna work out, since I am working with very little space.

So a couple new updates. Finally got my new Duratracs. Will post pics of them on the truck tomorrow.

Also started my air compressor installation. I bought a Viair compressor and got a tank free from a buddy.

I am going to mount it in the space between the bed and the rear panel. There is a lot of space up there.

Here is the compressor installed. One is from the wheel well and the other what it looks like from the bed side.

Im going to cut the air tank and weld it back together so that it fits up in the wheel well better.

I am going to cut an access panel in the truck bed and have an air chuck and the switch inside. Will post more pics as I get farther along. Hope to have it all done tomorrow, or at least by next weekend.

Very interesting, I'm wondering if my compressor would fit in that space also. Mine is mounted in the bed along with the tank where it's been for years.

There is a lot of room in there, especially behind the tire. Above it is juuuusssttt big enough to fit my 6" diameter tank, with the plastic mud guard back on. My tank is 40" long by 6" round, so that give you an idea of what will fit. I shorter fatter one would fit behind the tire but mounting it is the tricky part. I bent some all threaded round and made custom U bolts that will mount it to the side of my bed.

I was looking at there web site maybe I am just blind.

V10, it's a SAS kit for an S-10 but will work on most any vehicles.

Cluster, I would leave the compressor inside the bed since you do mostly muddin', just my suggestion.

V10, it's a SAS kit for an S-10 but will work on most any vehicles.

Cluster, I would leave the compressor inside the bed since you do mostly muddin', just my suggestion.

I shall have to take a look there and see how dirty it is now. It is nice and protected where it is now with the bed cover on the truck. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has, I'm on my second tank though, first one rusted inside asd eventually got a small hole in it. It rusted from the inside, not sure there is much I can do about that. I do drain it every so often.

So, I got the body lift in today, and after reading through the 30 pages of directions and realizing I would have to do all of this on a gravel driveway with sharp rocks, sinking jacks, and nothing even remotely level, I've decided to say screw it. I still have a huge credit with the body shop, so I'm gonna drop it off there as soon as I get the other packages in and let them do it.

I don't like being a quitter, but I also don't like working on rocks, haha.

In other news, I finally checked my mailbox at work and found the $75 4WP gift card from mid-March. Wish I had found this before I had ordered everything :( Maybe I can put it towards a grille guard or some offroad lights :)

Put my lights on top of bull bar so I can stick my tow hooks back on

null_zps53880b18.jpg

null_zps77829185.jpg

Don't know why it did the thumbs up thing

Damnit Luke, you're gonna make me work a crap ton of hours to save up for a trip to Colorado before the year is up...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You won't be disappointed. Colorado is just that good. Just the drive to get here will totally suck.

Luke, did you get any real wheeling in this weekend? The lower part of Twin Cone is easy (2wd easy) but then it climbs pretty good. My lack-of-locker hung me up a couple times but a slight backup and another try got me through. No action shots.

Back