Fuel filler neck 2005 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel filler neck 2005 ford explorer

wangbungal

Reaction score
City, State
miami fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford ranger xl 97
I am trying to diagnose my dads 2005 ford explorer v6 k flex 4.0 sohc no start condition, it cranks and trying to start but could not go through, i tried to spray starter fluid no luck, and ive been pressing the fuel switch in the passenger side still not starting i cleaned all connections with a electronics cleaner from crc, could not find a shraeder valve for the fuel line, it cranks fast but not able to start, i put my code reader and no codes, i replace the wires spark plugs and oil sending unit, coz it keeps showing low oil pressure before i try to start it, i went and put gas in the gas tank, and notice the spring loaded door in the fuel filler neck is missing or doesnt have one,

for those owners that have the same vehicle like my dads, anyway you could check if you have that small spring door inside where you put the nozzle for the gas? thanks!

any suggestions as well for the no start diagnosis, im about to replace fuel filter and the gas cap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone else have experience a no start with crank like this?

for those owners that have the same vehicle like my dads, anyway you could check if you have that small spring door inside where you put the nozzle for the gas? thanks!

I have a 2005 Ex and there is "no" spring loaded door on the filler neck once you remove the gas tank cap. It is just a straight shot down the tube unless there is some other device farther down the filler neck tube I can't see.

I have a 2005 Ex and there is "no" spring loaded door on the filler neck once you remove the gas tank cap. It is just a straight shot down the tube unless there is some other device farther down the filler neck tube I can't see.

Thank you exproblems, hopefully someone could chip in with my no start problem,

just an update, the truck starts again, weird, any help would be appreciated

Did you ever replace that fuel filter? Also, put your key into the run position and you should be able to hear your fuel pump prime for about 2 seconds, make sure it doesn't sound like it's straining or anything. You may even want to put a bottle of Lucas in the tank just for sh1ts and giggles.

Back