• Register Today It's free!

Go Big or Go Home

Ryno85

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Limited 4x4
Did all the work May 18/19. Thanx for all yalls ideas and input. This forum kicks ass! Took the whole weekend but was totally worth it! Tell me what yall think!

-2002 Ford Explorer V6 4.0 4x4
-PA-883 Body Lift
-Rancho Quick Lift Struts 1.50 front/ 1.25 rear
-BTF Spacers 2.25 front/ 1.75 rear w/Extended Upper Control Arms
-325/70r18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
-18x9 XD Monster wheels w/-12 offset
-Black Headlight Housing w/Black Corners
-6000k H.I.D's
-Smoked Fog Lights
-LED Taillights
-Pioneer Touch Screen Head Unit and Kenwood 10in. Sub w/Rockford Fosgate 40 Punch Amp

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

-Rancho Quick Lift Struts 1.50 front/ 1.25 rear
-BTF Spacers 2.25 front/ 1.75 rear w/Extended Upper Control Arms

Very interested in some pictures of the suspension. Can't fathom the angle with Ranchos AND spacers.

Go big or go home? Wheres the V8 at then? Just playing.

Next project R1dd1ck

Very interested in some pictures of the suspension. Can't fathom the angle with Ranchos AND spacers.

Looks pretty steep

image-6.jpg

Ryno, when you jack the truck up off the ground how much do the front wheels droop down as the weight comes off the suspension?

Not too much like it did stock. It really needs extended knuckles and a drop down kit for the front axle housing and lower control arms. But I did get machined an extended spacer that goes in between the upper control arms and knuckles so the control arm is not sitting at a drastic down angle and compensates for the quick lift struts.

Not too much like it did stock. It really needs extended knuckles and a drop down kit for the front axle housing and lower control arms. But I did get machined an extended spacer that goes in between the upper control arms and knuckles so the control arm is not sitting at a drastic down angle and compensates for the quick lift struts.

gotcha. Yeah those drop down parts and extended knuckles would help a lot. Might add some 4.56 gears to the list too...looks good though :thumbsup:

That's not a bad idea for the gears but honestly I get the same gas mileage as when I did with 265's. I'm not really into the whole rock climbing and rootin in the mud. Did all that before an broke a lot of ****. I just wanted to lift this cause no one else has one around here like mine and I go drive and cruise on the beaches down in the Outter Banks and would get suck and drag ass in the sand. Now I won't have that problem.

...I did get machined an extended spacer that goes in between the upper control arms and knuckles...

Any chance you could snap a picture of that whole area? Curiosity is killing me.

Beautiful truck also. Easily one of my favorites.

Ryno85 Truck looks SICK!!! Can you PM me more info about your "machined an extended spacer that goes in between the upper control arms and knuckles so the control arm is not sitting at a drastic down angle and compensates for the quick lift struts." I am curious about these thanks.

Kind of looks like a baby tank. Good looking truck!

Ryno85 Truck looks SICK!!! Can you PM me more info about your "machined an extended spacer that goes in between the upper control arms and knuckles so the control arm is not sitting at a drastic down angle and compensates for the quick lift struts." I am curious about these thanks.

X2! Post it here. Also how did your alignment work out with it?

Can you measure the distance from the ground to the center of the bottom lip of the wheel well? the measurement should be around 49" im guessing

Wow nice truck just about what i want to do to mine. This has inspired me to get movin lol. You didnt happen to have the rims before the lift did ya? Trying to see what mine will look like till i lift it. Once again sweet ass truck.

Can you measure the distance from the ground to the center of the bottom lip of the wheel well? the measurement should be around 49" im guessing

I measured it an it is 40 1/2 inches. Up front under the cross member is 16in. And out back under the diff is 15in.

LOOKS GOOD!!!! the biggest one i have seen in the area. its also good to see another member in my neck of the woods!!!!!

Where at in VB do you roam? I'm usually down at the oceanfront and ocean lakes area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow nice truck just about what i want to do to mine. This has inspired me to get movin lol. You didnt happen to have the rims before the lift did ya? Trying to see what mine will look like till i lift it. Once again sweet ass truck.

***** expensive. Take your time. I bought the wheels after the lift and put it all on at once. Those tires would rub like hell if I had no lift.

Back