• Register Today It's free!

intelligent smart key module

msams8979

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Does anyone know the part number for the smart key module that Ford uses in the Limited and Sport models?

I have a Sport on order without the 401a package. Many of the items included in the package are useless to me. The smart key, however, would be handy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure the smart key system is more than just a key, so i don't think you can just buy a key. Without the 401A package you won't get the start button or the touch sensitive door handles, and probably some other necessary things. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I think that's right. I am hoping to get the part number for the module that controls the auto unlock, door handles, and push button start. Thanks!

easy Go

This is what your looking for, they don't show Explorer as supported on their website, but they do have it, I'm currently getting it done to mine. If you need the system I can tell you where to get it.
http://easygosystem.com/features.php

I was hoping for OEM, but this looks good. Where did you buy it from? Please post impressions and pictures once installed.

Hi, I own a car audio shop in AZ. This was something I really wanted but was way too much money at Ford, this kit retails for about $1500, I sell them for about half of that, you would just need someone to install it for you. We charge about $250 for labor, 4-6 hour job, this should give you an idea of what you should expect to pay for one.
I installed in last thursday and the kit works flawlessly, it does a full security system, with ignition disable, and shock sensor, and also does remote start at a really good distance. I've seen no bugs, everything has worked properly. One of the best upgrades to my vehicle so far. if you need more information please message me, I'll be glad to help.

The factory system is more than just the module. There's also a backup transceiver, and 3 passive start antennas. Plus I don't think the PCM would be able to be programmed to accept it since it wasn't factory installed.

Back