• Register Today It's free!

Vent Flipper

mcutty1969

Reaction score
City, State
Bellevue NE.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4. I am sure this question is somewhere on this web site but having a hard time locating. This is a case where when running anything Heat or Cool the air blows through the defrost vents. Also the vents on the back of the console blow all the time.

So with this i would say whatever withing the vent system is not working correctly. Anyone have any thoughts, step by steps to fix, and any video?

Thanks
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As for the front air only going through the defrost vents, I think you need this thread
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294140
For the second row vents that come out of the console between the front seats, those are always blowing when the fronts are on. I think its a flaw since the second gens also have a blower motor in the center console to help push the air out of the console.

The link posted by College Student is for changing the blend door actuator which deals with the temperature, not airflow.

There are several threads on problems with the airflow. I'll see if I can round some up when I get home tonight.

Ah didn't know sorry, so far mine is only exterior problems

Checking back.

Gang
Checking back to see if you were able to locate any info on my issue?

seems im having almost the same issue ... any info on this?

Back