another wheel question.

redaxer

Reaction score
City, State
sydney, australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer xlt,
hey explorer forum!,:exporange
im looking to get new wheels for the explorer really soon, but im having a hard time trying to get help from tyre shops here in australia as well in america,

im trying to get some 16x8" kmc xd enduro wheels in a 0mm offset, but im wondering if this rim makes the tyre/wheel stick past the fender. (australia you cant have the wheel sticking past the fender.)

has anyone got any pictures of there explorer 2"lifted with the same or very similar wheels?

thank you very much! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had factory 17s with 35mm hub adapters on my 2003 XLT V8, which is pretty much the same thing you are doing by going to 0 offset (factory offset is P36). The tyre was just inside the guard by about 3mm and didn't foul on anything. I have a set of 35mm hub centric adapters for the current Limited ad will be fitting them soon.

It will depend on the tire you use. What tires do you plan on running? That is an excellent choice of wheel btw!

It will depend on the tire you use. What tires do you plan on running? That is an excellent choice of wheel btw!

Thanks!, I have at the moment 265/75/16 bfg km2 mud terrains on the car, I plan on reusing the tyres because they only have 10,000miles on them :)

I think you will be okay. How strict are they at enforcing the law? I am not sure which Aussie it was but someone was inquiring about my fiberglass fenders (called them guards a while back) and now it makes sense as to why!

I think you will be okay. How strict are they at enforcing the law? I am not sure which Aussie it was but someone was inquiring about my fiberglass fenders (called them guards a while back) and now it makes sense as to why!

Haha that was me :), there not to bad with defecting a vehicle where I'm at, but because I have lifted my explorer I have been pulled over at least 4 times since I lifted it. Ill just buy them and see how they fit. If I get pulled up on them, ill have to buy the front guards :)

Back