bumper / trim paint | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bumper / trim paint

Thought I'd post one more photo of my explorer... was just reminiscing about it!
explorer2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What kind of paint did you use?

I've been wanting to do this too, but I'm still worried about affecting the backup sensor, any ideas

I know this is an old thread but I'm finally getting around to doing this after researching and procrastinating for about 8 months. Using this as a guide since i don't have the time or space to take off my parts. I actually did my front bumper so far. looks good. doing my back and sides tomorrow.

I'm wanting to paint the ugly grey trim, bumpers, and side steps on my 2002 Ex.
For those of you that have painted your bumpers and everything; how has it held up?
I'm painting my Ex satin black and real want the bumpers and trim to come out good and stand the test of time. So, is Krylon Fusion the way to go? Bed liner?
Thanks!

I used bed liner and didn't like it at all had to peel it off and redo with krylon, much better now

I also use Krylon and love how it's held up. Only time it comes off is scraping on rocks on the trails.

Hey Guys I have a 2002 Xlt. wanted to do the same thing then saw infomercial about a product called Wipe New costs $20 and about 1hour to apply. Must say Holy Crap everything i put it on looks brand new again. i did the trim,rear bumper, roof rack, and interior door panels. I must saw try it

Back