Show of hands

92exp4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Covington, Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL 2-door and others
I am currently in the process of purchasing a 91 Eddie Bauer 2 door. I am curious to see how many on this forum currently own one of any year 91 to 94. From what I understand, these are fairly uncommon. I have looked for about 4 years to find one in good shape.

Eddie Bauer 2 doors only please, post pics of your truck if you can.

Anyone out there with a factory five speed in this trim level?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one at all?

Well I got the truck home. It has a much different seat arrangment then I thought it would have. All the Eddie Bauers I have seen 2 or 4 door, with cloth seats have the premium bucket seats, the ones with the mutiple piece bottom cushion and power features.

This truck has the base seat with the eddie bauer logo stitched in the headrest and a power lumbar only switch on both seats. The 91 sales brochure shows this arrangment so I know its original. Does anyone out there have a 91 with this type of seating? You can just see the switch at the bottom of the seat in the first pic. Any one know what the Bronco II's Eddie Bauer seats look like?

From what I understand its a early production vehicle. It was built on Oct 09 1990 about 3 months after the start of production. It was sold to a dealer in Memphis and kept until Nov of 94 when it was titled for the first time. Kinda wierd, huh?

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 475

nice truck! those are some old uniroyal tiger paws. havent seen those in years.

how many miles?

I scanned this image from my 1991 Explorer sales brochure (yes, I am a hoarder). That EB Sport came in Raven Black, Cabernet Red, Wild Strawberry Clearcoat Metallic, Deep Emerald Green Clearcoat Metallic (My Baby), Twilight Blue Clearcoat metallic, Medium Sandlewood Clearcoat metallic.

ExplorerEB2D.jpg

Thanks! It has 132,000 miles on it. Drove it all the way back to the greater Cincinnati area from Fayettville Tennesee (about 350 miles). It was on a farm about 10 miles from the Alabama line its whole life. The interior is very clean and there is only 1 rust spot on it about the size of a half dollar. I have not seen tiger paws either for quite a while.

Firstexplorer - I am too:D, I have all the sales brochures for 91 to 94. As well as most of the service manuals and even a complete 94 wire schematic, not just the diagrams in the EVTM. I even have built some 1/20 scale model explorers. My friends think i'm nuts for having all these things, and I have to agree with them!

The only thing I'm not sure about is how long the Eddie was built with this style seat. I would like to see some more of them this way and what monthes those trucks were built. I need to find build info like how many were produced in what month, what options and so on. Anyone know where I could find this info? I guess I could call Ford and ask? I see this type of info for old cars all the time. I guess it would be easier to find and more accurate for "modern" cars.

Another angle:

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 436

These trucks are absolute STEALS right now. People are giving these fine trucks away!
Yours is a beauty!

isnt that cute? explorer with hub caps.

Wow, Looks alot like my 1994 EB except I have the 4 door.

Is the 4 door larger than the 2 door?

My 1994 Eddie Bauer EX is at 299.5K miles on the original engine and tranny. My MPG was 14 when I purchased it with 174k miles. I installed a new tranny modular valve and 02 sensors and have reached over 23 mpg on the highway. I think its a great truck. It rides like a car and has all the comforts needed.

that's a really clean truck, man! i wish mine were that clean. any plans for it, or are you going to be leaving it stock?

Thanks all, I'm really happy with this one.

The 2 doors are about 10 inches shorter overall, other than that they are exactly the same. Its got some lifter tick and the drivers seat needs a cushion but thats all I want to do it now. I drove it home and got 26.7 mpg over the trip. That was all highway though. I look for it to get about 19-21 like my others normally do.

This one is going to remain stock, its kind of rare and as a preservationist i wouldn't want to mess with it much. I got my blue 92 to mess with anyhow!

Here is mine that I found out in California and had shipped to Texas. I plan a restoration on mine and I have updates planed for it.

18891_4447821466492_901620301_n.jpg

68144_4447821626496_1085909299_n.jpg

Looks like you got yourself a real nice truck there.

This was a 1992 Eddie Bauer 2dr in Caymen Green, it was Auto trans with leather, a guy I use to know owned. it was traded in, in Georgia I think. I do not know what happened to it after that.

Attachments

• bens.jpg
    bens.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 327

Nice, clean and straight. Those tires must be done though...

The only thing I'm not sure about is how long the Eddie was built with this style seat.
I'd say 91 only. Looks like the interior is a left over of the 1990 B2. The center console & seats look the same.

Found another one.. Picking it up tomorrow. Its a 1994 Explorer eb 2dr 4x4 5speed. oddly enough with a 3.27 gears

935804_10200739452021501_1598917518_n.jpg

1002244_10200739453141529_123621525_n.jpg

66806_10200739451621491_2068547298_n.jpg

You got the one from the junk yard! nice :D

Now...find me one of those nice rust free tejas 1st gens for a couple hundo ;). I want a minimal rust roller for a resto

We can find those rust free first gens on Craig's list all day long

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We can find those rust free first gens on Craig's list all day long

You are lucky! CL trucks up this way have moved from body rot to frame rot. There's been quite a few with bad frames in the past few weeks. :(

Back