ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers

SUL73NAZ

Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
What's up explorerforum?... been keeping this under wraps until it was finally done. I happen to live local to ADS Racing shocks in Tucson Arizona. I met up with them and asked for there help making a bolt in coilover kit for explorers and they were more than happy to help. I cannot say enough good things about the guys over there. They are all top notch at what they do. Very down to earth. Above all they are passionate at what they do and make a superior product. They were excited to help me custom valve and select the correct spring rate. They made a custom upper strut mount along with a lower eyelet that allows you to directly bolt on a set of coilovers to the front of the explorer. You can visit their website at www.adsmach.com (520)-748-0005
photobucket-11416-1371091688756_zps07d6d722.jpg

photobucket-6254-1371091699974_zpsc0bcf567.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Wow..:eek:

...I know a few of the ADS guys and they are a top notch outfit..:biggthump

..Did they mention how much?

..This would be cool to do a group buy perhaps and it would be great if we could get them to be a Vendor here...;)

I will talk to the guys tomorrow about setting up to be a vendor and they are first to market. Literally everyone over there is cool. Like I didn't meet a single person over there that wasn't rad!

Yeah they are... they are also a sponsor for the ASCC/ Lucas Oil Regional Off-Road Series Arizona!! Just a great group of guys. I got to hold some of their 5.25" Carnegiea Bypass Shocks...WOW!!! They hold 2.5 Gallons of Oil! Curt LeDuc Runs them...Those things mean business. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlYvE-FvBHw

looks awesome!! i am so in on this soon as a price comes out. nice lower bumper too. who made it?

That's awesome! Easily one of the coolest things I've seen for a third gen Ex.

Sul73naz your expo looks good man! What's the plan for your rear end to keep up with the front?

:thumbsup: I have been waiting for a bolt on coil over kit for our Explorers since the day I bought mine! Finally can continue working on my Explorer if these are able to be purchased. I am definitely in for a group buy! Looking forward to hearing about the pricing and hope I can get some soon!

Btw Sul, your Ex is looking badass. Hope I can catch up soon and take a trip down to AZ to hit some trails with you! :salute:

looks awesome!! i am so in on this soon as a price comes out. nice lower bumper too. who made it?

I am going to work with ADS on getting pricing and information for all you guys, as far as the bumper I had a friend help me make it.

Sul73naz your expo looks good man! What's the plan for your rear end to keep up with the front?

The plain is to have a set of custom ADS 2.5" Remote Resi Coilovers made for the rear as well :D

:thumbsup: I have been waiting for a bolt on coil over kit for our Explorers since the day I bought mine! Finally can continue working on my Explorer if these are able to be purchased. I am definitely in for a group buy! Looking forward to hearing about the pricing and hope I can get some soon!

Btw Sul, your Ex is looking badass. Hope I can catch up soon and take a trip down to AZ to hit some trails with you! :salute:

Well the bolt in coilover kit you have been waiting for is finally here! You already have BTF Uniball UCA's! I am going to work with the guys over at ADS to see about pricing for you guys. Thanks for the compliments! I am down for a trail ride!

I'm diggin the prerunner setup :thumbsup:

Wow very nice keep us informed on pricing...

Well the bolt in coilover kit you have been waiting for is finally here! You already have BTF Uniball UCA's! I am going to work with the guys over at ADS to see about pricing for you guys. Thanks for the compliments! I am down for a trail ride!

i need this in my life haha waiting on pricing as well!
a few questions though
at full droop do you get uca and coil contact? or is there some type of limiting strap?
also what kind of travel are you getting? (inches?)

No contact between coil and UCA or Spindle. 9" of wheel travel.

9" that's great for one of these trucks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excuse me if I seem like a complete Explorer new guy here, but will this work with an AWD Mountaineer? I know it has independent suspension. Again, sorry for the noob questions.

Back