Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 84 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OT if I send you my address, you sure can send me all the donations. I'll make sure I compile them and get it all back out to you.... :) I'm pumped for this lift keep looking through all my stuff and need 2 more paychecks and I should be on the road (literally)

Yeahhh I went the "I'll fix it later" route on my build. You'll have an absolute beast with those parts though. Plus 1 tons have huge parts compared to my 44.

Looking forward to your next update Dauntless. I'll definitely forward all donations your way. I have a current running total of $0.

Next winter is my "at best" timeline now. It's really frustrating but I do want to be once and done. At least you have the structure to do a little at a time now Runner.

So I noticed something today (ya took me this long so sue me lol). Im missing an overload leaf on my leaf springs. Is that an '01 feature or should I go looking for one?

OT dont you dare start mods again Im just catchin up lol.

My '01 Job 1 has an overload leaf.

No worries, I'm in maintenance mode now. Maybe with a little armor additions on the side but nothing major for a while.

Speaking of armor, my RCI skid plate is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.

Damn. So should I go look for one or does it matter? Weird it didnt have them. I will definitely be joining you on the skid plate in the future to go along with my steel bumper :D

It doesn't really matter but it would give you more load capacity and help with axle wrap (probably not an issue) as well as stiffen the rear. Probably gain another half inch or so of lift if I had to guess but don't quote me on that.

Thanks OT I'll remember that if I get anymore saggyassness.

Ran across Monroe Sensatracs today (load helping ones) and wondered if anyone has any experience with them on the rear of your trac. Thinkin about those in the back and Rancho RS5000 for lifted use in the front. Thoughts?

Ran across Monroe Sensatracs today (load helping ones) and wondered if anyone has any experience with them on the rear of your trac. Thinkin about those in the back and Rancho RS5000 for lifted use in the front. Thoughts?

I'm using Monroe Severe Service Shocks (load helping) in the back of my 2000 Crown Victoria and I really love them

Guys with explorers with that setup seem to like them a lot and I personally haven't heard any bad news with the Monroe coilovers.

Finally got the body lift,tires and rims done!
DE-6484013F151E-13390-00000BD4F4E3DB56_zps8b9dad58.jpg

39-64ED99DF601A-13635-00000BF458C7A496_zpsd7745eb4.jpg

And for the record, I think that oem gray cladding looks good on your color Trac. Most colors look best with it painted but I think yours is a nice contrast.

It definitely does! My boyfriend and brother were actually worried mine would be bigger then there's after haha. I need to replace my sway bar bushing or whatever since I have an awful clunking noise and I need new brake pads.
Yeah the grey cladding I think looks decent on mine. If I painted it black I don't think it would look to good since my rims are polished and I'm not really going for a blacked out look.

Gorgeous lookin Trac breanne. Love it next to the F150. I always imagine the trac rollin up "Not so wimpy now huh!" :)

Gorgeous lookin Trac breanne. Love it next to the F150. I always imagine the trac rollin up "Not so wimpy now huh!" :)

Thank you, the biggest stuff is now done so now just need to add a few little things. I was kind of upset that my trac was just a little smaller then his f150 but he has 35s on it with no lift or anything but for a "smaller" truck that's pretty good. There's a few people I need to show off too now since they made fun of my trac :p

2013-07-14170659_zps97e0a887.png

2013-07-14171808_zps399f81d7.png

Washed it up. First pic of it with the blacked out ebay lights!! Haha. I dig em.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Add a pic with the lights off please. I just smoked my headlights but not sure how much I like them.

Back