Removing Warning Stickers From Visors | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing Warning Stickers From Visors

Mine feel like they can be pulled off, but I'm afraid to try in case a corner get mangled and then I'd be even madder than I am about them not letting it be "my" decision to have them or not.
Does anyone know if these stickers are voluntary by Ford, or are they mandated by our friends in Washington, DC? Which would not surprise me...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not spraying paint inside a new $44k vehicle...I'll just live with the stickers I guess.

Mine feel like they can be pulled off, but I'm afraid to try in case a corner get mangled and then I'd be even madder than I am about them not letting it be "my" decision to have them or not.

They're federal law, you have no say.

Why not pull the visors out and paint them out of the truck?

Why not pull the visors out and paint them out of the truck?

I wanted to, and tried. Could not get them off. Plus, there was a wire in there for the garage door opener.

The wire will just unplug, there is a connector usually tucked an inch or so above the roof. Once it's loose, it just pulls out so you can unplug it.

There is probably a pop on cover over the screws.

Why not just buy a black sun visor organizer to attach to the visor? It will cover up the decal and give you extra storage for pens, notebook registration and licence and other small items. It still allows for the vanity mirror to operate also. I thought most people add sun visor organizers for there cars. Ive never had a car without having them they are cheap and keep the small stuff handy without having to search in a glove compartment or console.

The wire will just unplug, there is a connector usually tucked an inch or so above the roof. Once it's loose, it just pulls out so you can unplug it.

There is probably a pop on cover over the screws.

Tried all this. I could not figure out how to pull the arms out. Kinda like a compressed ball and socket joint, IIRC.

Did not want to break anything. So easy to spray paint.

Why not just buy a black sun visor organizer to attach to the visor? It will cover up the decal and give you extra storage for pens, notebook registration and licence and other small items. It still allows for the vanity mirror to operate also. I thought most people add sun visor organizers for there cars. Ive never had a car without having them they are cheap and keep the small stuff handy without having to search in a glove compartment or console.

just get a cd holder or paper holder from target and strap those puppies on. thats that i do in my other vehicle

I hate clutter. Glad it works for you guys.:)

If we ever get around to an official or unofficial fix for the rain noise we'll need to get those visors out (assuming it is an interior fix). Anyone have an idea on how to remove those visors?

Warning stickers on sun visors

I want to remove them. Are they just decals that will peel off, or are they something more insidious that when I start to remove them I'll wish I hadn't???

We pulled the airbag warning sticker off the visor on our '06 mustang. I used a hair dryer on high to get it warm and slowly pulled it off. It was on for over a year when I took it off so you could see a slight outline of where it was.

I'm "assuming" its the same material on the newer X's too.

~Mark

While waiting for my daughter I tried to remove them, they 're on there pretty good, I coldn't get them off

I masked mine off using some duck tape and painters tape, and a disposable plastic painters tarp. Hit them with two light coats of flat black spray paint. Start-to-finish was about an hour's work. Look great 50,000 miles later.

visor sticker coverups.

Just got a couple full sized sheets (8"x10") of this sticky fabric to cover up the warning stickers on the visors. The warning stickers - I must say - simply look huge and glaring with the black interior - not to mention being mostly useless (French, Spanish, English.. 'avoid sudden maneuvers'. (Gee, thanks for the tip...). There are 2 big ones on the drivers side, 1 on the passenger side.

http://www.sunvisorsolutions.com/Home_Page.html

I ordered a color chart first.. which was good to have - seems there are differences in the fabrics used. I went with one of the fabrics (Ebony) that seemed to be a better txture matcheven if the color is a shade blacker than I need.

http://shop.sunvisorsolutions.com/Color-Chart_c20.htm

Has anyone used these? Longevity? Durability? Adhesive Performace? Did you cut them bigger than the sticker size?

Just cusious if anyone has had experience with them. Thanks!

When we got our '06 mustang I just took the sticker off (Well, the Airbag one on the passenger side). I used a hair dryer to warm up the glue and pulled them right off..

I did it when the car was still new so there was no color difference.

~Mark

I dont know. Iys brand new, but these look like they are probably heat applied *into the fabric. If they were on a smooth surface I might give it a try - but my guess is these babys are not going to come off - its melted or fused is my guess. The last thing I wasnt is streteched fabric that sags, or something that looks worse than when I started. Thought I would try these.

edit: this is what I DONT want...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/274720-sun-visor-little-problem.html

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/274720-sun-visor-little-problem.html

Thats why I used the hair dryer to pull that glue stuff off with it.. But I do agree, that shot from the mustang site looks like crap..

I'll try go get a shot of it if there is still daylight when Yolanda gets home...

Assuming I understand how thesunvisorsulutions stuff works you could try the hair dryer (get it hot) and then if that didn't come out like you liked then you could put the replacment cover stuff over it.. At least I think that would work.. If I read it correctly putting that cover stuff over the sticker would pretty much be perminant anyway..

~Mark

Edit: I just occured to me.. I can't get a shot from the Mustang.. She put one of those replacment stickers over it.. And that sticker is starting to peel from the Az sun plus its been on there 6 years..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

update: The sunvisorsolutions coverup stickers look very nice. I used the 'ebony' one. The DarkGray option was probably a closer match, but the material was very soft and fuzzy and I thought might pick up dirt. The Ebony material more closely resembles the factory material and will be easier to clean if needed. It also looks like it will not frey on the edge like the other might.

bottom line - very happy with them - and if I ever need the mfg warning stickers visible again - such as maybe reselling the vehicle later - I will peel off the coverups - which I bet come off easier than the warning lables that look to be nearly melted into the fabric - at least ironed on.

Cheers.

(ps. 2013 Explorer XLT 4WD - Tuxedo black, charcoal black leather interior, fabric visors and headliner.)

Back