SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Also here are how the offers progressed:

$14.49/mo OR 6 mo for $29.94, or 1 year for $95
6 mo for 29.94
1 year for $86 (2 offers)
6 months at 4.17/mo (2 offers)

So their best offer is $86 for 1 year or 6 months for $25.02

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went from an XM radio to the Sirius in my Sport. Why are the channels different? My favorite station on XM isn't available on Sirius. That sucks!!!

I just called Sirius to renew my subscription. The lady said $15.99/month...I told her I wasn't willing to pay for than $5/month.

She went to talk to her manager and offered me 5 months for $20+HST+MusicFee...came to $27.XX after everything.

Worth it to me as we are going on a trip tomorrow.

Just be careful with automatic billing with these people. I'm still trying to get a refund due me for double billing from last December! They charged my credit card then sent me a bill which my wife paid with a check. They have more excuses, oh it got returned, then the check got lost. Now the latest word is that I will see my refund in 6 to 8 weeks.
I wouldn't use these scam artists for anything. So buyer beware. I placed 800 songs on a USB and thats free! Good luck.

Just be careful with automatic billing with these people. I'm still trying to get a refund due me for double billing from last December! They charged my credit card then sent me a bill which my wife paid with a check. They have more excuses, oh it got returned, then the check got lost. Now the latest word is that I will see my refund in 6 to 8 weeks.
I wouldn't use these scam artists for anything. So buyer beware. I placed 800 songs on a USB and thats free! Good luck.

Did you call your CC Company and get them to reverse the charge?

It can only be transferred if it was an after market radio. Lifetimes on factory radios go with the radio.

Last time I checked lifetime subscription was over $800!

Last time I checked lifetime subscription was over $800!
I just logged into my account and checked out the listed prices for various packages. The Sirius Select package, which I have is $495.69 for a 3 year subscription (longest term listed). With taxes and fees I'm probably looking at $560 - $570. Not sure what that can be reduced to. It shows the 1 year cost as $175.89 plus 13% tax, plus fees. I got it last July for $67.71 including tax and fees. I'm sure I'll be getting an email from them again in the next month or so for a renewal and it will be interesting to see what the cost will be.
NOTE: All prices are in Canadian $.

Peter

I let it drop on my 2011 after the six months. It was not worth the money given how much I drive during the week, which is very little. We do drive back and forth from Chicago 2-3 times a month on the weekends. On those 2.5+ hour trips I hook up the iPhone and play the free Pandora app through the MFT. Works fine and I get the variety of music and comedy I want.

I may sign up as a new customer and wondering what I would pay for year for a basic package. Website says $197 (US) for a year which is high compared to the value I place in it but I will call.

Anyone sign up recently for the regular package for a year? How much?

If I do sign up - I plan to use a 'ShopSafe' or 'Virtual' credit card number. Many credit cards can do this now... lets you generate a new card number with a Credit limit and expiration date - so you know how long that credit card number can be used and for how much before it expires.

I may sign up as a new customer and wondering what I would pay for year for a basic package. Website says $197 (US) for a year which is high compared to the value I place in it but I will call.

Anyone sign up recently for the regular package for a year? How much?

If I do sign up - I plan to use a 'ShopSafe' or 'Virtual' credit card number. Many credit cards can do this now... lets you generate a new card number with a Credit limit and expiration date - so you know how long that credit card number can be used and for how much before it expires.
The price you pay seems to be highly negotiable. See my post #110 on page 6 of this thread. Bottom line is I went from their 1 year asking price of $197 (CDN) including taxes and fees to $67.71 (CDN) with taxes and fees. Internet radio is now no longer included and requires a extra fee.

Peter

Thanks - I'll call. I hate having to beg for a lower price - just give me a price without the games please. ;-) Problem of course... is that they are the only game in town so my only leverage is 'take it' or 'Don't'.

*Update - They gave me $96.75 (US) for 1 year (including all taxes and fees). Not bad - but after just 1 week I really like the product so I will try it on for size for a year and see how it goes.

Really a small price to pay (I do it gladly) for commercial free music etc... and no need to mess with phones. Get in - phone or not - and it works and sounds very nice. I've got about 1,100 CD's on my ipod so thats good to have when I want something specific or when cell or SAT signal is unavailable or crappy.

I spend about 3 hours a day locked in the daily commute - so makes a difference for me.

we received a letter quoting around $85 for a year. i called and asked for 2 years for $155 and they wouldnt do it. i showed my wife how to use her phone and stream pandora, she is much happier now and its free.

That's exactly why I went ahead and let the automatic renewal they did on me stay. I got twice the time for the same amount of money after I had a fit over it and I figured I would play hell getting it credited off of my card.

The renewed my Sirius radio... They offered $30 for 6mo of sirius select or $35 for premier. No deals on traffic ($3.99/mo) or travelink ($1.99/mo). The free 6mo went out a week ago and got the offer in the mail for select and asked about premier.

I got a call Friday Night from Sirius and they offered the following:

1 Year for $149.99+taxes and fees - I said no
1 Year for $99.95+taxes and fees - I said no
$5.99 per month for 3 months - I said no
$3.99 per month for 3 months - I said no

Finally the girl is like I'll give you $2.95/month for three months starting now...but I have service until Sept 28/13...so she said they would credit me the unused portion..it worked out I was paying $3 for an additional 20 days of service...I said it isn't worth my time.

Sirius said they would call back mid Sept to re-offer me something.

I find Sirius is being super aggressive about calling me. In the last week they have called 10 times (sometimes 2x a day). Not sure what that is all about.

I got a call Friday Night from Sirius and they offered the following:

1 Year for $149.99+taxes and fees - I said no
1 Year for $99.95+taxes and fees - I said no
$5.99 per month for 3 months - I said no
$3.99 per month for 3 months - I said no

Finally the girl is like I'll give you $2.95/month for three months starting now...but I have service until Sept 28/13...so she said they would credit me the unused portion..it worked out I was paying $3 for an additional 20 days of service...I said it isn't worth my time.

Sirius said they would call back mid Sept to re-offer me something.

I find Sirius is being super aggressive about calling me. In the last week they have called 10 times (sometimes 2x a day). Not sure what that is all about.
I received a renewal email quoting a price of $195 + tax + fees. I called and said I wasn't interested. Ended up getting a year for $90 including tax and fees. That was still higher than the $68 I paid last year but figured I'd take it anyway. BTW, I've never been called by them.

Peter

About 5 months ago I cancelled 3 vehicles because they were so difficult to deal with. The account expired and our 3 cars had no service whatsoever. I boldly told them that my business with them was permanently over and to never charge me, call me, e-mail me, or mail stuff to my house. I was that angry with them.

So what happens? They hit my credit card 5 months later for $192.00 for 3 one year renewals. Keep in mind none of the cars has had reception for 5 months. I called and had it out with them again and they finally said they would credit the entire amount back. 3 days go by & it's still on the card when I checked online.

I call the credit card company to dispute the charge. Much to my amazement they create a conference call with Sirius and me to settle this with all 3 parties on the phone.

I promise you I could not have been clearer. I stated that the account was cancelled 5 months ago and I NEVER EVER WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. They said ok and credited the amount while me & the cc company were all on the phone.

So what does the Sirius Agent say? Call back in a few days just to make sure the account is cancelled and that you don't want any further charges. I blew a freaking gasket and told her that THIS was my last call to Sirius and unleashed on her. She said, "Ok ok, I'll take care of it." So the cc rep asked her if she clearly understood to never charge the card again and that there would be a block put on it, and that the customer never wants to hear from you again? She said yes.

After hanging up with Sirius, the cc rep said she knows how difficult they are to deal with. They just do what they want and charge you whatever they like & it becomes your problem to chase them down.

Forgot to say- If they just ran their business properly they wouldn't be hurting. They'll drop the price to less than half if you haggle with them. How about this outrageous concept: Charge a fee half way between the lowest haggle price and their top "way too much" price and that's that. In other words a fair & affordable price with no haggling involved and someone on the other end of the line that ends the conversation with the customer being fully aware of the deal and being treated fairly?

In this day & age that unfortunately seems crazy and not normal. What I don't think they realize is that the economy is in trouble and the last thing people with tight money issues need is to pay for radio they can get for free on FM. If they want to survive then they need to realize that.

AND ANOTHER THING. The radio buttons on Ford vehicles all say "SIRIUS". When Sirius goes under then my cars will have the name of a defunct company all over it to look at?

FORD ARE YOU LISTENING?? How about simply making the buttons say "SAT" That way when someone else takes over satellite radio and changes the name, "SAT" will make sense.

Forgot to say- If they just ran their business properly they wouldn't be hurting. They'll drop the price to less than half if you haggle with them.
Sirius/XM as they are known, runs their business the same way as some other companies do. 'Haggling' seems to be the 'in' thing nowadays. I have done the same with my TV/Internet/Home Phone company and received reduced prices. You can also reduce costs on many store items as well if you are so inclined. I do agree that it is frustrating at times but I have never had a problem dealing with Sirius/XM Canada. The reps I speak with have always been very friendly and helpful.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About 5 months ago I cancelled 3 vehicles because they were so difficult to deal with. The account expired and our 3 cars had no service whatsoever. I boldly told them that my business with them was permanently over and to never charge me, call me, e-mail me, or mail stuff to my house. I was that angry with them.

So what happens? They hit my credit card 5 months later for $192.00 for 3 one year renewals. Keep in mind none of the cars has had reception for 5 months. I called and had it out with them again and they finally said they would credit the entire amount back. 3 days go by & it's still on the card when I checked online.

I call the credit card company to dispute the charge. Much to my amazement they create a conference call with Sirius and me to settle this with all 3 parties on the phone.

I promise you I could not have been clearer. I stated that the account was cancelled 5 months ago and I NEVER EVER WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. They said ok and credited the amount while me & the cc company were all on the phone.

So what does the Sirius Agent say? Call back in a few days just to make sure the account is cancelled and that you don't want any further charges. I blew a freaking gasket and told her that THIS was my last call to Sirius and unleashed on her. She said, "Ok ok, I'll take care of it." So the cc rep asked her if she clearly understood to never charge the card again and that there would be a block put on it, and that the customer never wants to hear from you again? She said yes.

After hanging up with Sirius, the cc rep said she knows how difficult they are to deal with. They just do what they want and charge you whatever they like & it becomes your problem to chase them down.

Most credit cards let you create a temporary credit card number now. One name for it is 'ShopSafe' there are others. You login to yor online cc account, and request a temporary number, credit limit and expiration date. You can then use the numberfor online shopping or where you want to keep control over how long thr number can be used, or how much.

Handy. Takes just a couple seconds and a couple clicks.

Credit limit: $100
Expiration: in 1 month.

Problem solved. :D

Back