Had my cutout redone, super sexy metal work inside.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Had my cutout redone, super sexy metal work inside....

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
This is a Sound and Performance boost activated cutout seen here:
http://www.spracingonline.com/store/SP_Exhaust_Cutout_3%5C___Boost_Activated_/3673

When over 6psi the cutout opens up - here's my video on it working on my stock downpipes with a bad H pipe install and on 91 octane tune at around 12psi. I haven't had a chance to test it yet with the new 23 psi tune. Previously this cutout picked up .2 and 2 MPH for me in the 1/4 mile in back to back testing. I like this versus a loud exhaust so I can have a quiet exhaust 99% of the time and loud when I want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48WlWGK2o9E

IMG_0671.jpg

2013-07-17+17.14.22.jpg

2013-07-17+18.07.22.jpg

2013-07-17+18.07.30.jpg

2013-07-17+18.07.40.jpg

2013-07-17+18.07.51.jpg

2013-07-17+18.08.00.jpg

2013-07-17+18.08.06.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's badass!

wow that is pretty crazy, I've never seen a boost acuated cutout before. That actuator holds up with all the heat of the exhaust and the diaphram of the actuator? I imagine it opens pretty quickly too? I've had e-cutouts in the past but they would take 3-5 seconds to open, which is a substantial portion of the 1/4 mile if you're opening them mid track.

wow that is pretty crazy, I've never seen a boost acuated cutout before. That actuator holds up with all the heat of the exhaust and the diaphram of the actuator? I imagine it opens pretty quickly too? I've had e-cutouts in the past but they would take 3-5 seconds to open, which is a substantial portion of the 1/4 mile if you're opening them mid track.
The cutout is powered by a wastegate actuator, made to work in HIGH heat.

There's a video in my post that shows it in operation as I drive, here's another video as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvCl-v_AzLE

The second you have boost, the cutout opens, instantaneous. I had e-cutouts on my Impala and they rattled like a fiend, the wastegate has a spring for pressure to hold it closed and help stop that. I get an initial rattle on startup but the second it warms up it stops due to the expanding metal.

Wow, that looks VERY nice. You much have some deep pockets with all the work you have into that Flex!!!

This last round hurt the old pocket book pretty good, going to have to stop for a bit until I can catch up. :)

Can you get some of this stuff you are creating to market for the rest of us please??

Hmm opens at 5 psi and not fully open until 17. Not sure what max boost is on a stock Sport, but I assume not 17psi. So I guess this will only work completely with a tune? Do you know what the tunes are upping the boost to?

Can you get some of this stuff you are creating to market for the rest of us please??
I just put up a group buy on turbos on my forum, I'll work to get this replicated, also working on new hot pipes and cold pipes/air intake for the vehicles.

"...and loud when I want it..."

...laugh. I must be getting old...

I am old, I want it loud only during the times that I need it loud, other than that my Flex is QUIET.
I also don't want to announce the ass whoopin I'm about to hand 95% of the cars on the road if they decide to play 0 to the speed limit. :)

that is some nice work there!

make a full plug & play setup with that wicked H-pipe you made for that cutout! lol

Very nice looking cutout Mike!

Back