FORD, PLEASE ... when does the 2013 explorer get applink? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FORD, PLEASE ... when does the 2013 explorer get applink?

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
I love my explorer Sport but man do I want applink

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was told by a buddy that they are giving up on applink soon. I don't know if this is true or not so don't take my word for it.

You mean give up on AppLink with MFT or give up all together?

I dont think AppLink is going anywhere, its their expanding app platform.

Hopefully it will be added with the MFT update this summer.

folks, it's coming according to Rebecca, so hold that thought.

Wouldn't the vehicles need a radio chip so the current ones on the road and the current 2014's wont be able to have it?? I hope I am wrong

Wouldn't the vehicles need a radio chip so the current ones on the road and the current 2014's wont be able to have it?? I hope I am wrong

A radio chip?? Explain...

Applink from Ford Facebook?

Remote app page is a link is on June 1.

Ford Explorer Facebook

Remote app page

"Right now, the Remote Access system is available on the F-150, Super Duty®, Edge, Explorer and Lincoln MKX if your vehicle is a 2011 Model Year, or newer. You can also purchase it if you drive a 2013 model year or newer Taurus, Flex, Lincoln MKS or Lincoln MKT. Contact your local dealer for more information on pricing and availability. More vehicles will be added in the future, so stay tuned!"

Remote app page is a link is on June 1.

Ford Explorer Facebook

Remote app page

"Right now, the Remote Access system is available on the F-150, Super Duty®, Edge, Explorer and Lincoln MKX if your vehicle is a 2011 Model Year, or newer. You can also purchase it if you drive a 2013 model year or newer Taurus, Flex, Lincoln MKS or Lincoln MKT. Contact your local dealer for more information on pricing and availability. More vehicles will be added in the future, so stay tuned!"

OP is talking about AppLink ... the ability for smartphone applications (like pandora, twitter, etc) to integrate w/ Sync.. it currently doesn't exist on the "My Ford Touch" system. The remote app you posted about above is something completely different (for remotely unlocking, locking and starting the car).

folks, it's coming according to Rebecca, so hold that thought.

Rebecca, Cory, and various others have insisted "it is coming" since early 2011. I wouldn't get my hopes up you'll see it anytime soon.

Rebecca, Cory, and various others have insisted "it is coming" since early 2011. I wouldn't get my hopes up you'll see it anytime soon.

I second that!

No, that is not app-link.
App-link would be linking of smartphone apps and apps on MFT.

oh... I see! Seems like this should be something we have, let's hope it gets sorted out.

I was told by a buddy that they are giving up on applink soon. I don't know if this is true or not so don't take my word for it.

Too bad ford won't give up on MFT! Really not a fan of anything Microsoft. I've never had good luck with it, not even an Xbox lol

Too bad ford won't give up on MFT! Really not a fan of anything Microsoft. I've never had good luck with it, not even an Xbox lol

You mean the 3 red rings of death?

I don't know, I hope they program more efficiently, I just posted on some Ford Manager's Facebook named Scott Monty and said how Ford isn't really as advanced as other technological companies due to their inefficient programming and such. I just hope when they bring AppLink, it won't be a huge tech flop. It'd be really disappointing if it adds on to the problems MFT is already having.

I love my explorer Sport but man do I want applink

i-d3880352d3d90a1cb4a39eaa46dda8f0-pig1.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You mean the 3 red rings of death?

Yep, I've seen that one too many times. Or the freezing or anything else that goes wrong. I'm not even an avid gamer but dang. I am an Apple fanboy. I understand Microsoft does so much more and blah blah blah but I really need it to work first before it does anything cool. I even tried a galaxy s3 when I got bored with an iphone 5, I made the switch back fast after 3 months of pain. And I feel the same exact way with MFT.

Back