• Register Today It's free!

Auto Lock on Exit

mrdbomb

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I love that I don't have to dig my 'key' out of my purse when I get to my car to get it unlocked. What I am wondering, however, is if there is any setting that I can enable that will automatically lock my Explorer when the securikey device is a certain distance from the vehicle. It would be wonderful not to have to dig my key out of my purse when I leave the vehicle. I checked with my sales guy and he couldn't figure it out....didn't know if he couldn't figure it out because it isn't an option or if he simply didn't know how to do it.

Is it even a possibility? If so, how do I enable it?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Assuming you have intelligent access, all you have to do is touch the black spot on the divers door after you get out and the doors will lock.

"I love that I don't have to dig my 'key' out of my purse"

Mr Dbomb, What are you doing with a purse?

LOL :D:D:D.

I believe its in the settings on the left 4 inch panel. I think i saw it while playing around with the settings, however i dont like doing the auto lock.

I believe its in the settings on the left 4 inch panel. I think i saw it while playing around with the settings, however i dont like doing the auto lock.

The autolock option in the settings is for locking the doors when you put the vehicle into drive or accelarate above a certain speed. It has nothing to do with autolocking when walking away from the vehicle.

Like ajbtv stated, simply touch the black spot on the drivers door handle to lock the vehicle, or touch the 7/8, 9/0 on the keypad.

Or just hit the lock button on the inside of the driver's door as you are exiting.

I love that I don't have to dig my 'key' out of my purse when I get to my car to get it unlocked. What I am wondering, however, is if there is any setting that I can enable that will automatically lock my Explorer when the securikey device is a certain distance from the vehicle. It would be wonderful not to have to dig my key out of my purse when I leave the vehicle. I checked with my sales guy and he couldn't figure it out....didn't know if he couldn't figure it out because it isn't an option or if he simply didn't know how to do it.

Is it even a possibility? If so, how do I enable it?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum mrdbomb.:wavey:
There are several ways to lock/unlock your Explorer but what you are asking about is NOT one of them.

Peter

Assuming you have intelligent access, all you have to do is touch the black spot on the divers door after you get out and the doors will lock.

This works great. As, does, I suppose, simply hitting the lock button on my way out the door. Duh.....

Anyway, thanks, everyone for the replies. I guess I better make sure I don't reference the use of a purse when I hijack my husbands user name........:)

Just wait to see the ribbing HE gets when he's back on :)

course, if he was from San Francisco ....

Also you can hit the 7-8 and 9-10 buttons at the same time on the outside keuless entry keypad...
at least that does it on my 2013 350 truck, so assume it will on the Sport too...

Just wait to see the ribbing HE gets when he's back on :)

course, if he was from San Francisco ....

Also you can hit the 7-8 and 9-10 buttons at the same time on the outside keuless entry keypad...
at least that does it on my 2013 350 truck, so assume it will on the Sport too...
Yes it is. See post #4.

Peter

ah, thanks PT - missed that at the end... "gestalt closure"

Back