EK98's 2000 XLT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EK98's 2000 XLT

This is my second Explorer, a 2000 XLT loaded with leather and moonroof :)... sold the old one because it was 2wd.

Going with a TT/Shackle lift, 31's or 32's... haven't decided yet, and some black cragar soft 8 rims. Want it to be a capable off roader, yet still economical because it is my DD. Can't decide yet if I want to keep the running boards, I like the look of these type instead of the molded to the body version.

25856_527215634133_65201985_3131297.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

awesome looking truck, i love those bfgs, work great for everything

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Little update: plasti dipped the bumpers, flares, door handles and badges black. Will upload more photos later but for now this is all I have from last weekend. Plasti dip is holding up well so far.

I'm also in the process of tinting the tail lights and will post some photos when I get them on.

IMAG0153.jpg

I like the bumpers black so much better. If my ex didnt have the grey two tone along the bottom i would do it too. I also just tinted my tailights and brake light. They look so much better.

wow looks great ek98

I like the bumpers black so much better. If my ex didnt have the grey two tone along the bottom i would do it too. I also just tinted my tailights and brake light. They look so much better.

I looked at your registry and I think the two tone would look good black, you should go for it!

Went over to Pacific City yesterday for an evening beach fire. So naturally, more beach pics! Finally got my tinted tails done to just the darkness I wanted. I was going for a toned down red, not a full on black. I'm liking the look with all the newly painted black trim.

They usually appear a bit darker than they look in these first two pics, I think all the light reflecting off the ocean was lighting them up some. The third pic is a more accurate representation due to all the fog that had rolled in.

Straight on new tails (still need to do top brake light)
20130810_155400.jpg

Another angle
20130810_170713_7_bestshot.jpg

Side shot showing my work so far this summer: plasti dipped flares/bumpers/doorhandles and tinted tails
20130810_155038.jpg

Cool photo during sunset
20130810_200940.jpg

I like how this one turned out
20130810_195849.jpg

And finally leaving for the night
20130810_221650_LLS.jpg

Should be able to get the third tail light tinted at the end of August as I have a week vacation. Going to to a full on detail then as well and I'll finally have some pictures of it clean haha

Amazing looking truck and awesome pictures too!! I'm definitely liking everything you've done so far!

Wow truck looks great, really liking the color

EK98, how is the plasti dip holding up? I have a white 98 sport with black trim, fender flares, and black bumpers with black wheels. The problem is, the metal bumpers are kinda greyish and I've plasti-dipped some of the smaller plastic trim on it like roof rack, door pillars, cowls, windshield wipers and other things but I dont know If that plasti dip will hold up on my bumpers and side trim. Thanks

Its holding up great. It seems like its really cured now and feels tougher than it did for about the first month. The first month it was kind of tacky/grippy feeling. Just make sure that you put it on thick enough (I did 5-6 coats) and I think you should be fine!

Bought some dark headlights a couple months ago, been meaning to take a picture for a while now! I like the look. The light output is alright... a little blotchy but I would say an equal amount of light output to the stock headlights.

20140612_180903.jpg

Are those the Anzo black euro headlights? If so I've been wanting them for awhile, or projectors. Not really sure yet. Just something black/smoked anyways. So you're not that big of a fan of them?

Yeah they are the Anzo ones, bought them off ebay. I do like them, I would say that the light output is probably 85% of the stockers though, with a blotchy light pattern. At first the light pattern kind of annoyed me, but I quickly got used to it. I usually drive with my fogs on too so that kind of fills in any blotchy-ness in the light pattern.

I sealed them with silicon before installing them, because I had read reviews saying water sometimes leaked in. Haven't had any problems.

Absolutely love your Explorer! :notworthy

Inspired me to plasti dip my trim, and the plasti dip the bumpers to match the plastic. I love the clean headlights too, I've tried everything to clean mine, but I think new headlights is the route to go. :D

Sorry I'm posting like months later but I've been at google looking for Explorers like mine that had plasti dipped bumpers and I came across yours. :eek:

Thanks for the compliment! You should post some pics of yours on the forum so we can see how it turned out. Thinking of dipping the whole thing, but it's not in the budget at the moment since I just got married!

New shocks just arrived from amazon. Should be a great improvement over the originals with 160k on them :) Monroe Sensatrac 37122 for the front, and Monroe Sensatrac Load Adjusting 58617 for the back. 5th stabilizer shock is Monroe SC2958.

Also some Monroe hood supports for good measure. Shocks will be installed on Friday, and I'm looking forward to a much better ride!

20150415_160152.jpg

Back