Remote start smart phone app ? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start smart phone app ?

I have installed and it works perfectly including the alarm. Texts go to your phone after it is set off.

Hey Robo! This is with the included (OEM) alarm system? have you noticed much delay in the alerts (from alarm activation until notification?) What about the delay some have mentioned in sending a remote start or unlock command?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just picked my car up. I guess I'm the guinea pig here. Got in looked for the pin to set up and the dealer has no idea what I'm talking about.

Service writer called the tech who installed it he had no idea either. So I suggested we call the number on the box. Now I'm waiting for them to get a fax.

So, I get it Ford partnered with a third party for this. It's not the dealers fault. I hate knocking ford but they really need to do a better job or have an online portal with information (I'm sure they do but no one mentioned searching for an answer on a portal) that dealers can access.

I now paid over $600 bucks for the system and labor to install and am stuck waiting to actually get it working.

I love my explorer and respect the ford brand. Just kinda peeved right now.

Anyone have a quick answer for where I can tell my dealer to look for the pin?
Thanks guys

Just picked my car up. I guess I'm the guinea pig here. Got in looked for the pin to set up and the dealer has no idea what I'm talking about.

Service writer called the tech who installed it he had no idea either. So I suggested we call the number on the box. Now I'm waiting for them to get a fax.

So, I get it Ford partnered with a third party for this. It's not the dealers fault. I hate knocking ford but they really need to do a better job or have an online portal with information (I'm sure they do but no one mentioned searching for an answer on a portal) that dealers can access.

I now paid over $600 bucks for the system and labor to install and am stuck waiting to actually get it working.

I love my explorer and respect the ford brand. Just kinda peeved right now.

Anyone have a quick answer for where I can tell my dealer to look for the pin?
Thanks guys

Hey, nitzer51!

Try calling the support center for this at 800.367.3539, or I believe they have more resources on their website:

www.FordRemoteAccess.com

Rebecca

Hey, nitzer51!

Try calling the support center for this at 800.367.3539, or I believe they have more resources on their website:

www.FordRemoteAccess.com

Rebecca

thanks rebecca, i did. The folks there said that ford has not authorized them to activate the systems and that it can only be done at the dealer. Speaking of which they called me have to bring it in again for about 20 minutes. only problem with that is that the techs are not there when I am off work :/

Hey Nitzer,

Robo800300 (see above in this thread) has this installed and has been using it for awhile now... we talked about it via PM and her helpful review prompted me to order one - maybe a PM to Robo to ask how her dealer figured it out? Now I'm hoping mine isn't confused when the times comes...

thanks rebecca, i did. The folks there said that ford has not authorized them to activate the systems and that it can only be done at the dealer. Speaking of which they called me have to bring it in again for about 20 minutes. only problem with that is that the techs are not there when I am off work :/

Any chance they are there on Saturday and you don't have to work? :dunno: Either way, I hope you can get it taken care of soon. I'm sure you want to play with your new toy. LOL

Rebecca

Any chance they are there on Saturday and you don't have to work? :dunno: Either way, I hope you can get it taken care of soon. I'm sure you want to play with your new toy. LOL

Rebecca

Heading out of town. I am so excited to play with my new toy! Trying to make it work- i feel bad for my dealer they seemed frustrated at the lack of knowledge...

if not tomorrow, it will be heading in monday for sure! thanks everyone for your help!

the module has paperwork which includes a SIMM number. I also got a PIN number. I would venture to guess the PIN number came from software manufacturer. I will call my service department today and find out

OK. Speaking to my service manager... your dealer should have contacted the software manufacturer and give them your phone type, your carrier, and your phone number. They will then provide your deal with a pin number.

Tried to find the cellular tech behind the module. I'm thinking its AT&T since there is a sim but these days you never know bc CDMA providers are also using sims.

Anyone know for sure?

I don't think it's AT&T because that service is non-existent in my area, but the module still works.

Verizon's LTE service uses a SIM card as well, as does T-Mobile last I checked.

Most of the time AT&T is on a strange frequency that doesn't work well with others, but T-Mobile and Verizon use a technology that is capable of having both frequencies on the same chip. I am guessing, but since AT&T won't even sell me a phone because of my zip code, and I've seen their non-cell service out here, I'm rather confident that Ford Remote Access is not a sole relationship.

BTW - 2014 successfully installed - The PIN number comes from the Technician's Website where they activate the system after they successfully complete the 6 steps on that screen. Step #5 is SEND PASSCODE TO CUSTOMER. They can set the email you the PIN number (passcode) after it is created in this step.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/accessory_files/2011-2013%20Remote%20Access_Truck3-15-2013.pdf

I have another question. It says that it also has security alerts and if the shock sensor goes off it will text me. I tried locking and rocking my ex to see if any alert would go off but nothing happened. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

I have another question. It says that it also has security alerts and if the shock sensor goes off it will text me. I tried locking and rocking my ex to see if any alert would go off but nothing happened. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

You cannot lock and rock because its an advanced dual shock sensor. You have to follow the instructions for setting sensitivity.
1. Roll down driver window.
2. Get out of vehicle and lock it with FOB
3. Wait 30 second
4. With closed fist, reach into the vehicle and hit the steering wheel with moderate force, the horn should honk once if detected
5. Hit steering wheel with strong force, horn should honk for 30 seconds. If you have gone into the settings on the app and set a notification phone number and carrier, you should also receive a text that the shock sensor was tripped.

***This will only work if the installer removed the jumper on the Unit in the glovebox and turned it on via the website. The LED is nice but not needed for the security features to work.

You cannot lock and rock because its an advanced dual shock sensor. You have to follow the instructions for setting sensitivity.
3. Wait 30 second
4. With closed fist, reach into the vehicle and hit the steering wheel with moderate force, the horn should honk once if detected
5. Hit steering wheel with strong force, horn should honk for 30 seconds. If you have gone into the settings on the app and set a notification phone number and carrier, you should also receive a text that the shock sensor was tripped.

***This will only work if the installer removed the jumper on the Unit in the glovebox and turned it on via the website. The LED is nice but not needed for the security features to work.

thanks! ill give it a shot that way and see. I know that i definitely dont have an led that lights up... with my luck they probably didnt remove the jumper on the unit

thanks! ill give it a shot that way and see. I know that i definitely dont have an led that lights up... with my luck they probably didnt remove the jumper on the unit

Ok so the shock sensor and led do not work. The alarm does go off if I lock the car and reach in the window and open the door from the inside but I do not get an alert for that.

Does this mean I have to take it back to the dealer to have them fix that? The only reason I'm hung how about it is last night someone went into my ex and trifled through the center console. It was obviously just some teenage kid but it got me thinking I want to know if someone tries to do more to my ex.

Ok so the shock sensor and led do not work. The alarm does go off if I lock the car and reach in the window and open the door from the inside but I do not get an alert for that.

Does this mean I have to take it back to the dealer to have them fix that? The only reason I'm hung how about it is last night someone went into my ex and trifled through the center console. It was obviously just some teenage kid but it got me thinking I want to know if someone tries to do more to my ex.

It depends on how well they placed the module in the glovebox. It is possible you will need to remove the glovebox cover to get to the module. Take a look at the instructions I posted via a link earlier. If you can get to the module in the glovebox you may be able to remove the jumper, or verify its been removed, and use the dial to adjust the sensitivity. Also, I want to confirm you went into your application setting and set up the notification section. There is the possibility if the jumper wasn't removed the dealer may have to re-activate the module online.

I can only confirm I got a text when I hit the steering wheel from outside via the shock sensor. I'll have to try the unlock scenario.

It depends on how well they placed the module in the glovebox. It is possible you will need to remove the glovebox cover to get to the module. Take a look at the instructions I posted via a link earlier. If you can get to the module in the glovebox you may be able to remove the jumper, or verify its been removed, and use the dial to adjust the sensitivity. Also, I want to confirm you went into your application setting and set up the notification section. There is the possibility if the jumper wasn't removed the dealer may have to re-activate the module online.

I can only confirm I got a text when I hit the steering wheel from outside via the shock sensor. I'll have to try the unlock scenario.

thanks for all your help. ill take a look at the instructions and see if i can access my module. I do have the alerts set up in the app so I dont think that is the problem as the ex didn't even honk her horn!

3. Wait 30 second

that's good info everybody should make sure they specify this prior to install

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The unlock scenario involves the other alarm system which is the passive alarm, a totally different system. This is also the security system which will not let you start the car without a fob.

Back