• Register Today It's free!

Rattle in '13 Explorer

jerrwayne5830

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
I have a 2013 Explore that I love, but it has one problem that drives me nuts. The glasses holder door in the overhead console has a rattle. If I push the door up as far as it will go, it is quiet; however it will not stay in that position.

Does anyone have a solution?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I moved your thread into the 2011+ forum.

Welcome to the forum:chug:

I have a 2013 Explore that I love, but it has one problem that drives me nuts. The glasses holder door in the overhead console has a rattle. If I push the door up as far as it will go, it is quiet; however it will not stay in that position.

Welcome to the Forum jerrwayne5830.:wavey:
I think this is a new issue. I don't recall reading any posts similar to it. There have been posts about the glove box rattling but not the glasses holder. I assume it rattles with or without something in it.
It would also be helpful in answering future concerns if you added what model 2013 Ex you have so it will show in the left column.

Peter

That should be an easy fix, just get some foam insulation with adhesive on one side. Home depot sells it in the weatherstripping isle.

Apply in different ways until you get it to stop rattling.

Try the dealer

Squeaks, rattles, vibrations should be covered under your bumper to bumper warranty. I had my OEM Ford Accessory Invision DVD headrest replaced last month for a rattle inside the unit.

Hi jerrwayne5830.

Your dealer will definitely be able to help with this noise. In the meantime, I'd like to take a look and see how I can help. Could you please PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info?

Ashley

Back